December 2015 Moms
Options

Any tips for morning sickness?

Anyone got any tips for easing morning sickness? I have been waking up in the middle of the night, feeling terribly sick and vomiting. I can even stomach anything to help it pass!

Re: Any tips for morning sickness?

• Options
    Jolly ranchers have been a life savor!!! I just suck on one when I feel horrible and it takes my mind off of it for a while. I think someone else on here suggested it too and it definitely works!
  • Options
    Sparkling water with lemon and dry crackers help for a while but I feel that the nausea comes back after 2 hours..so every so often keep crackers handy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vitamin B6 has been my miracle supplement. I was a wreck before I started taking it. Since I've been taking it, I actually have a desire to eat and can stomach small meals all day without issue. I still feel a little gaggy every now and then, but it's nothing compared to before. Also, preggie pop drops.
  • Options
    Ginger ale has helped me..and drinking lots of water. My sickness is pretty much an all day thing off and on. Sucks :(
  • Options
    I feel your pain, although I'm not waking up in the middle of the night.

I've heard an empty stomach makes it worse and keeping crackers by your bed to snack on before you go to sleep and first thing before you get out of bed in the morning helps. My life saver has been baked potatoes (with a little cheese), and Cheerios. Most everything else just tastes awful right now.

I've also read that even sniffing lemons and ginger goes a long way in kicking nausea but I haven't tried it.

Good luck!! Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Options
    Yes, waking up in the middle of the night to dry heave is the worst! I was up and down all night last night. Mini bagels with cream cheese are my favorite right now...nothing else though. I feel bad. I'm a pretty healthy person and I feel bloated, I have a sloshy stomach, I get really bad hunger pains, my back hurts. NOTHING sounds good to eat. I had my husband pick me up some jolly ranchers ( gum wasn't doing the trick), Popsicles are good for now but I still have a constant dry mouth...any other suggestions would be great. Those that are eating cereal, are you eating it dry or with milk?
  • Options
    My OB suggested leaving saltines by the bed and eating a few before getting up in the morning
  • Options

I haven't been throwing up, but I have been super nauseous and no appetite.  I take advantage of the times I actually feel good and make sure I eat a hearty meal, because it might be the only one I eat.  I'm living off of saltines and Sprite Zero and other flavored sparkling waters.

I'm also living off of sandwiches because they are the only thing I can stomach.  On Tuesday, I was feeling dreadful and a friend invited me to lunch, I actually felt better after I had a wrap for lunch.  Sometimes forcing yourself to eat helps. 

• Options
    I have been nauseous all day long the past two days and it has been awful. I was drinking lemon infused water which helped a lot yesterday, but didn't do much for me today. My new cure has been peppermints... I have been sucking on them all day and it's the only thing that has kept me from feeling sick! Greek yogurt really works well too!
  • Options
    Preggo pops ( with or without B6)
  • Options
    kkstark said:

Jolly ranchers have been a life savor!!! I just suck on one when I feel horrible and it takes my mind off of it for a while. I think someone else on here suggested it too and it definitely works!

I read this post and immediately went to get some this morning, at this point I don't care about the sugar, I am mainlining them and they are soooo good!! First time in 3 days that I've felt 'normal'!! :-) 
  • Options

I haven't had any yet, but my last pregancy wheat thins, ginger ale and prego pops were my saviors.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    try boiling water, then steeping about 8 thin slices of ginger for 20 min and add 1/2 teaspoon manuka honey
  • Options
    and a little fresh lemon juice