Pregnant after IF
Options

At what point do you call your doctor due to a cold?

In your personal experience, how long do you wait with a cold/how bad do you let it get before calling your doctor? And would you call your obgyn or regular doctor? I don't have a regular doctor, so I'd lean towards my ob. When I need a regular doc, I go to doctors on duty. I have either no fever or very very low grade (99.something). The main thing is endless coughing up of yellow mucus, blowing my nose, sneezing, and a sore throat. I don't tend to go to the doctor for colds, so normally I wouldn't go. I just know that when you're pregnant, you need to be more careful and I don't want it to turn into a sinus infection. What do you think? Thanks!

Re: At what point do you call your doctor due to a cold?

• Options
    During my pregnancy with DD I dealt with two sinus infections.  I went to my primary care doctor and just triple checked that the antibiotic they prescribed was safe for pregnancy.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Options
    When I got sick I called my OB.

My History:
    Lots of BFN's & failed IUI's w/clomid and/or femara
    Finally BFP with femara & t.i.- son born 6/17/2010
    Started TTC again around when DS was 3ish
    Lots of BFN's with femara & t.i & ovidrel
    Tubes clear, S.A came back low motility but high count
    About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MiromiMMiromiM member
    I go to my PCP when I start having compilations -high fever, pain in ears, coughing that doesn't go away in a few days, and/or breathing difficulty. My doctor always checks the FDA pregnancy rating for drugs he prescribes and talks to me about them.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I took your advice. I called my ob and he put me on a ZPack. I can already tell it's helping. Thanks again!