May 2015 Moms

Very emotional

Anyone else been very emotional? I mean, I've had hormone spikes throughout my pregnancy where I was sensitive and a bit depressed, but I just hit 39 weeks and it is on a totally different level. For a couple weeks now I've been having early labor symptoms on and off and noticed that even affection from my SO made me tearful. But since last night, I've felt expecially vulnerable. I woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep and have been in bed ever since just crying. I feel anxious and depressed. My SO had plans to go golfing with friends today and I am happy he is having a good day, but I am even more upset now that he would leave me at a time when I am feeling so bad. I expressed that I didn't want to be alone. Why am I feeling this way? It's so terrible.

Re: Very emotional

• I've been feeling similarly after not being very emotional for my entire preg. I'm 38+5 and I've been more of a wreck in the last week or so. My H also went golfing today and was also gone last night and I was upset. I went to get lunch with my friend today and after I left I felt the urge to cry for no particular reason. I also got upset last week when H made plans with his brother and then he canceled them because he saw how upset I was, which made me cry more because I ruined his plans, lol. Could just be after hormone surge as our bodies get ready for birth. I don't know. if you're feeling really down though it would be good to mention it to your OB at your next appointment. Crying in bed all day doesn't sound good.
  • Exactly. I think I would've felt worse if he hadn't gone because he would've just been here with miserable me. But at the same time I feel like I need him more than ever and I've never been this type. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Getting out and seeing my friend today helped. I def feel worse when I'm feeling that way and my H has plans and I dont. Maybe try to see some family or friends today? Or go for a short walk? Even getting out of the house for a little bit usually helps my mood a bit.
  • I think I will try the walk. I can't see family, they live too far away and we only have one car right now. His mom asked me to go grocery shopping with her, but I really don't want to grocery shop right now and can't handle his mother when I feel this way. She's the very energetic, hyper type.
  • MrsS728MrsS728 member
    I'm 39+6 today and I honestly, would rather be alone right now. If I could get away from myself, I would. I'm cranky, irritable, and just downright uncomfortable. I've been apologizing to my husband non-stop today. 
  • I know what you mean. Yesterday my H went golfing with friends, then to a bday party which I obviously was invited to but didn't want to go to. I was so bored at home and most of my friends are a good drive away so getting together with them at short notice is kind of a pain. It was a beautiful day and I was just stuck in the house, kind of missing the freedom I had to go out and have drinks or be active without a giant belly.

I feel so in limbo right now, once the baby comes she will occupy my time but right now the days feel so long while I wait for her to get here.
  • MrsS728 said:

I'm 39+6 today and I honestly, would rather be alone right now. If I could get away from myself, I would. I'm cranky, irritable, and just downright uncomfortable. I've been apologizing to my husband non-stop today. 

Awe, sorry hun. I felt like that on and off the last couple weeks as well!

• I know what you mean. Yesterday my H went golfing with friends, then to a bday party which I obviously was invited to but didn't want to go to. I was so bored at home and most of my friends are a good drive away so getting together with them at short notice is kind of a pain. It was a beautiful day and I was just stuck in the house, kind of missing the freedom I had to go out and have drinks or be active without a giant belly.

I feel so in limbo right now, once the baby comes she will occupy my time but right now the days feel so long while I wait for her to get here.

Exactly! I was thinking all day, if I wasn't *this* pregnant or at all it would be fine. I would go for a bike ride or go for a hike with the dogs or go to my favorite brewery and have a few beers in my mug. But.. nope. I'm kind of afraid to leave the house too far alone at this point!
  • I feel the same. I've dealt with a lot of stress during my pregnancy. My brother passed away suddenly , both of my parents were diagnosed with cancer and are undergoing chemo... Like I mean the most stress I have ever gone through in my life has happened over these past few months. I have held it together very very well because I know I need to keep healthy for baby. Lately though I just cry so easily, and this week I have noticed I'm extremely anxious. Just seems like all of my emotions are heightened right now. Hormones I guess.