October 2015 Moms

Any other bump knitters?

Hey...this is kind of nerdy but just wondered if there were any other october knitters and if so, are you working on any projects for your baby?

When we were waiting to find out the sex I was crossing all my fingers and toes for a girl and wanted to start a baby blanket. We had already decided we were going to name her either Charlie or Charlotte with Charlie as the nickname and then I found this at my local yarn store and felt like it was a good omen! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/charlies-blanket Low and behold we're having a girl!

I want to definitely have a few things for the baby when she's born and was wondering if you all had found any other cool patterns that you were working on?

Re: Any other bump knitters?

• I don't knit but I'm definitely going to buy my baby a pair of the knitted UGG style boots. They are so cute!
  • I knit and I would love to do a baby blanket. I just hope I'm motivated enough to finish it! 
    ~~ October Siggy Challenge - Amazing/Horrible Pregnancy Costumes ~~

Image result for pregnancy halloween costumes

IAmPregnant Ticker
    FTM - Oct. 22, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • I knit and I would love to do a baby blanket. I just hope I'm motivated enough to finish it! 

You can totally do it! I made one for a friend last year. Just start early enough that you can do it slowly and not be like, marathoning it until your fingers bleed lol.

Those UGG boots are ADORABLE :)

• I knit and trying to quickly finish my sons blanket I started when I was pregnant with him 2.5 years ago, lol. I'm waiting to find out gender at the end of May before starting to knit a blanket for this little one. This time I'm determined to finish it before baby gets here! Hoping to attempt a little hat too but we'll see :)
  • I've always wanted to learn to knit!! I'm so jealous!
  • I'm a knitter too, love it! It's what I do for work as well. I have so many ideas planned for this baby. Hats, rhompers, pants, a blanket & other fun things.
    Momma to 3 amazing boys: 12, 8 & 1

Wife of 14 years to one amazing Hubby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mmk29mmk29 member
    I crochet, I feel like I'm doing something wrong with knitting because it takes me forever!! I started a blanket for my friend when she was pregnant, I finished 2 years later after my son was born. He now has a homemade blanket :) I can't wait to start making things for this baby. Any great resources for patterns?
  • Krina18Krina18 member
    I've found tons of cute patterns on Ravelry. If I can just finish the baby sweater I started for a friend I'm going to start on items for my own baby :)
  • I knit but really only ever finish scarves! I love buying yarn, so I have a lot of half finished projects. I wish I had more time or energy (or dedication) to complete a blanket- kudos to you ladies.
  • Yay knitters! I got an old pattern book at a garage sale with some vintage rompers and stuff, and will be knitting a blanket at minimum! I like the pine forest pattern on ravelry, and there are a few cute ones on purl bee, too.
  • I knit this while on our road trip. Perfect for an October baby!! I'm going to wait until I know the sex before making anything else.
  • csy2947csy2947 member
    StephN310 said:

I knit this while on our road trip. Perfect for an October baby!! I'm going to wait until I know the sex before making anything else.

I love that!!! Pumpkin hat is now definitely on the list lol

@eat111315 I'm convinced that anyone who knits has a drawer filled with unused yarn that they had high hopes for lol (I do!)

Ravelry is where I find most of my patterns...or I buy the paper ones from the yarn store
  • I crocheted a blanket for DD and plan on doing another one for LO. I will wait to decide on colors until we find out the sex though.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! I crochet :) I've made baby blankets for other ppl and I'm super excited to start one for my own little one. I also want to make booties for our pregnancy/gender announcent.
  • I use Ravelry also. But I usually search by free patterns. I don't want to pay $5 for a pattern unless it is super awesome!
  • This is a free one I stored on Ravelry. I think it would be super cute for newborn pics.
  • I love, love, LOVE knitting! Right now I literally have no time but all summer that's what I'll be doing when I get to break. Find out boy or girl late may anyway so I'll at least be waiting until then. I actually want to try my hand at crocheting, I haven't done it since I was a little girl! But my friends makes MASTERPIECES by crocheting... I'm talking Yoda baby cowls, here. 
  • I knit, but I'm learning to crochet to make a blanket in the same style as the one my gramma made me (just different colors).
  • I don't know how to knit, but I can barely crochet lol. I'm crocheting a baby blanket :) or, trying to anyways lol
  • SpoxieSpoxie member
    Big time knitter here. I haven't started anything for the LO yet but will once we find out the sex. Anyone know of any good Rav groups for pregnant knitters & baby patterns? Or want to start one???
  • I used to use Ravelry all the time, but it's been fading -- I'd be up for a group to share those patterns! I have a very short attention span for knitting, so I tend to just do small projects that won't take me forever to finish. I just made this adorable little hat - it is super easy and barely took any time. 
  • Just tried to buy more yarn for my baby blanket... Of course they are sold out of the color I need :/ will be visiting another craft store after dinner, lol.
  • Someone teach me! :)
  • Hi I've lurked over from N15... I've started to knit a blanket for my baby, but I keep interrupting it to make toy animals/ hats/ booties etc for friends' babies that are due before mine!
    I have loads of free patterns pinned on Pinterest.
    Also, I learned to crochet via YouTube when DS was tiny and breastfeeding took at least 30mins per feed. I would get him set up on cushions and help him latch on, then I would make him things while he fed!
    Looking forward to making lots for this baba over the summer!
  • Lo9876Lo9876 member
    I crochet - making a little sweater to bring the baby home from the hospital! Lion brand yarn has a website with lots of free patterns. And for anyone in nyc, their "yarn studio" is awsome and has classes if you want to learn how to knit/crochet.