3rd Trimester

(TMI) 35 Weeks pregnant frequent urge to poop, but no poop?

SonnypearSonnypear member
edited April 2015 in 3rd Trimester
TMI, Ive been feeling like I need to go to the bathroom. Ive been feeling several days. I was able to go to the bathroom at first. But now I can't anymore. But I feel the need to push out a bowel movement. And its a constsant feeling. It doesn't go away. Im also very very uncomfortable. Baby dropped a couple days ago. But I was uncomfortable before then. Sitting and standing is uncomfortable. Im 35 weeks and this is my first kid. I don't know what is going on.
Due to my grandmother passing away I had to cancel my previous apts with DR, so its been almost since Ive seen her. I have my next visit in 8 days. 
But if somethings wrong Id want to go to the ER. My Ob's office is already closed for the day. So I can't really call and ask anything. I can't seem to find the number to my hospitals L&D either.
:/.

Re: (TMI) 35 Weeks pregnant frequent urge to poop, but no poop?

• I'd call L&D. When I had my first daughter I didn't know what was happening. I was in the delivery room and yelled "I have to poop!" The doc calmly said nope it's the baby. I had her at 34 1/2 weeks. So I strongly suggest going or calling L&D
  • Call the main number and they'll transfer you or Google it
  • Loading the player...
  • In my experience at my hospital, L&D is always generally glad I came to them with concerns, no matter how small. 

If they say you're alright... maybe you're constipated? Sharing my own TMI, I was concerned about something similar and after I ate some fruit and yogurt and was able to have a decent bowel movement, I felt a lot better. 

Again, better safe then sorry though. Call in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    24-year-old | FTM | CA, US | Multi-cultural & Proud | Hippie Dippie Crunchy Veggie Yogini
    Our little bean's birthday 05.14.15