June 2015 Moms

Unpopular Opinion (U/O) Thursday!

2»

Re: Unpopular Opinion (U/O) Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • @taboullio84 we like to call that just needing a "whiff" of pitocin, haha. Love those inductions!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • ElRubyElRuby member
    HayesRN13 said:

@ElRuby .. No pitocin at all? Or just for induction/augmentation purposes? As a high risk maternity nurse I find that hard to believe (not that I don't believe YOU), especially postpartum use to prevent hemorrhage.... And not mention a lot more c-sections due to failure to progress/dilate...pitocin definitely has its place in OB

I am not 100% sure... I have heard this from several patients but not first hand... It was not an issue last time since I didn't need it but I am going to ask my doctor next visit out of curiosity...it may just be for induction purposes though
  • My UO is that... I hate marble cheese- it's flavorless and I don't consider it real cheese.

Seriously!
  • Let me know what they say... I'm curious
  • Ben & Jerry's ice cream isnt as delicious as i thought it would be. kinda disappointed with it tbh.
  • edited May 2015

Ben & Jerry's ice cream isnt as delicious as i thought it would be. kinda disappointed with it tbh.

What kind did you have? I definitely think some are better than others. I personally am not a huge fan of Chubby Hubby but I'll do just about anything for their Cinnamon Roll ice cream!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ben & Jerry's ice cream isnt as delicious as i thought it would be. kinda disappointed with it tbh.

What kind did you have? I definitely think some are better than others. I personally am not a huge fan of Chubby Hubby but I'll do just about anything for their Cinnamon Roll ice cream!
    i got the cookie dough kind. its not great. kinda crappy. the base vanilla is bland.

i got the cookie dough kind. its not great. kinda crappy. the base vanilla is bland.
    Ooh yeah I've never had that flavor, but that's because I can spend $5 on a pint of B&J or $3 on a half gallon of Friendly's or Turkey Hill, and for a flavor like cookie dough it just doesn't seem worth the price increase to me haha
  • @Serenamarr I don't know if caring for a baby will *easier* per se' than caring for a puppy or newborn animal, but I'm sure I will find a lot of similarities in it that my time taking care of young animals helped to prepare me for this, I think. I get what you're saying :)
  • ElRubyElRuby member

I think this might be a UO for the general population because anytime I state my case for this I get blown off (mostly by non parents which pisses me off) but I feel like I might have some supporters in our group of animal lovers. I call my pup my first born because I rescued him when he was very young and it was just me and him for over two years before I met my fiancé. He has always been very quiet, shy, needy, and basically like a baby, which is why no matter how old he gets I'll always call him a puppy. I had to bottle feed him for the first few weeks, and after that I had to spoon feed him special wet food. Sometimes I still do, and sometimes he just refuses to eat at all for days at a time because of anxiety. For the first few months he would cry all night until I let him sleep in my bed. He needs to be walked every 2 hours, sometimes he can make it to 4 (except at night, he will sleep through the night finally thank God). He gets scared of loud noises and neighbors going in and out and will stand up on his hind legs and reach up to me to be held like a toddler.

So my UO is this: I know having a human baby will be DIFFERENT, but I honestly think I am completely prepared for the level of difficulty and time required. I even think it might be easier than when I first got my puppy because...

1. Babies poop and pee in diapers. Not on the floor.
    2. They don't need to be taken out for walks
    3. Crying to me is much less obnoxious than barking
    4. I already have practice with a feeding schedule and coercing my baby to eat
    5. Infants are not mobile. They stay where you put them.

So there you have it. I feel 100% prepared for the demands of a newborn and I think it will be easier than caring for this furry little monster was.

I thought having a puppy was harder than having a kid!

They poop and pee on the floor... They chew on EVERYTHING... Whine more than a baby... Oh and bite on people while they are teething...
  • ElRuby said:

I think this might be a UO for the general population because anytime I state my case for this I get blown off (mostly by non parents which pisses me off) but I feel like I might have some supporters in our group of animal lovers. I call my pup my first born because I rescued him when he was very young and it was just me and him for over two years before I met my fiancé. He has always been very quiet, shy, needy, and basically like a baby, which is why no matter how old he gets I'll always call him a puppy. I had to bottle feed him for the first few weeks, and after that I had to spoon feed him special wet food. Sometimes I still do, and sometimes he just refuses to eat at all for days at a time because of anxiety. For the first few months he would cry all night until I let him sleep in my bed. He needs to be walked every 2 hours, sometimes he can make it to 4 (except at night, he will sleep through the night finally thank God). He gets scared of loud noises and neighbors going in and out and will stand up on his hind legs and reach up to me to be held like a toddler.

So my UO is this: I know having a human baby will be DIFFERENT, but I honestly think I am completely prepared for the level of difficulty and time required. I even think it might be easier than when I first got my puppy because...

So there you have it. I feel 100% prepared for the demands of a newborn and I think it will be easier than caring for this furry little monster was.

They poop and pee on the floor... They chew on EVERYTHING... Whine more than a baby... Oh and bite on people while they are teething...
    Ya... with needle teeth!
  • so far i've had two photographer friends basically tell me they're doing newborn photo shoots once i pop this baby out of my nards. the thing is, though, i don't want bitches playing tetris with my kid's limbs and placing him tenderly in a wicker basket. i think those photos are creepy, unoriginal, and super forced. also, i'm not excited for my shower because i hate baby clothes that say "mommy's little _______." i know i'll receive then even though i didn't ask for them. my spoiled brat, entitled, vain rant is over. jk, i have a million more tucked away for safe keeping.
  • ElRuby said:

I really have no idea how a baby will compare with a puppy, but if this kid is half as destructive has my dog was the first year, I would seriously call an exorcist.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.