1st Trimester

Spotting

I am about 9 weeks pregnant, and started having some brown discharge, but only when I wiped. Tha happened twice. Then this morning it turned a dark red, only when I wipe. So far I have been laying in bed and nothing else. No cramping. Has this happened to anyone. This is my 4th pregnancy I have to duaghters and had a mc a few years ago, and am terrified that I could have another one.

Just want some advice on what I should do, unfortunately my insurance doesn't kick in for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Re: Spotting

• Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do at this point, even if you had insurance.
    My first m/c started with a day or two of brown blood followed by brighter spotting for a couple days and finally the full thing. But remember, every pregnancy is different.
    I would try to take it as easy as possible and try, as hard as it is, not to stress to much about it.
    Sending happy thoughts your way.
  • When you had you m/c did I you cramp during the brown spotting?
    I had a m/c in 2011 and was very different then what I'm experiencing right now. It came with no warning just off the bat started bleeding and cramping really bad, and when I got to the hospital they said baby had no heartbeat, I was 12 wks and had a d&c.

This is just very light brown discharge that started tuesday night, and has been off and on through out the day. I think if it continues I'm just going to have to find an ob/gyn, rather then going to the ER.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did start having some mild cramps and my DH rushed me to the er, which was a wmiaste of money! They did an ultrasound and kept telling me we were measuring 5 weeks and not 7 but that everything was fine and to just go home and rest. Since we weren't nearly as knowledgeable as we are now that we have had to undergo fertility treatments, we thought we were fine.
    Two days later, my cramps worsened and when I used the restroom, the dark blood had turned bright red and was like a waterfall. We ended up going back to the er because I was in too much pain. This doctor said they had in my notes that we'd miscarry but didn't tell us.
    Our second miscarriage was after ivf transfer. The doctor found no heartbeat and we had to schedule a procedure to make me miscarry quicker. It wasn't a dnc, they inserted tablets to dissolve everything. This miscarriage was very different, not nearly as painful and I didn't bleed half as much as the first. In fact, I miscarried around the same time as the first but this time with twins and I never noticed the sac come out. So we had to have a checkup to ensure every came out, and most did. But 4 months later, there were still remnants so I had to have surgery to remove the remainder.
    I wish it was all consistent but every pregnancy and miscarriage are so different that, as women, we are always doubting ourselves and our gut feelings. Just last night, I had a dream I was having a miscarriage and was terrified to use the bathroom.
    I'm still sending happy thoughts your way!
  • Thank you so much. I am just terrified of having another mc, but I am looking for an obgyn so I can get checked. Hopefully it's nothing and just old blood. I am not cramping which is why I am hoping it's nothing.
  • NphamtNphamt member
    Well I went to ER this morning after my girls left for school, and everything is good with the baby, hb is normal. I am measuring up to date . I am finally home and was put on moderate bed rest, but they couldnt figure out why I'm spotting.

Just glad everything is good, and can finally put my mind at ease.

:)
  • Glad to hear all is well!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• That's great news!
  • NphamtNphamt member
    Thank you
  • This happened to me last night , so nerve wrecking but glad everything is ok