Georgia Babies
Options

Relocating to Atlanta

Hey ladies
We live in Northern VA and are relocating with our 2 year old (27 mos) to Atlanta to be closer to family. We want to live in a family friendly neighborhood in Atlanta or really close to it.
Any reccs for neighborhoods, preschools?
We like Peachtree City had friends that lived there.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Relocating to Atlanta

• Options
    @Mrs_Lady, I would think the biggest factor in deciding where to to live is where you and/or your spouse will work.  Atlanta traffic is horrible so ideally you live on the same side you work on.  Peachtree City is nice and schools are good, but it is pretty far from Atlanta.  There are nice areas all over the city (northern suburbs of Atlanta like Roswell and Alpharetta), out to the west in Cobb Co, City of Decatur to the east, some areas of Gwinnett Co to the east, and several areas further south like you mentioned.  It depends also on what vibe you are looking for.  Decatur is the only "intown" place mentioned and schools are great, but the City of Atlanta does have some very nice areas too with some good schools (other areas not so good). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in the PTC area and love it. I would not live anywhere else.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am about to enroll my children in a new center called State of the Arts Academy. they have a unique performing arts program, if your child is into dance, music and acting. I can't wait until my two start there. they are new though, so you'd have to go to their website to get more info stateoftheartsacademy.com 
  • Options
    I moved from NOVA to PTC and I'm bored to tears. It's absolutely phenomenal for the kids, but there's not much for the grown ups.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers