Pregnant after IF
Options

Dealing with friends who are expecting..my little rant :(

I don't know if it is just me being selfish or grumpy (probably both) but I hate it when friends call me to tell me they are expecting. I didn't call all my friends and announce I was pregnant so why do they do it to me?!

To be fair they are not aware that I dealt with infertility but they do know it took me a very long time conceive. Never the less, every time I get a new announcement I get so sad and it reminds yet again that I am not as lucky as most. It took 6 IUI and 5 rounds of IVF to get pregnant with my LO and I don't know if I'll ever be able to conceive a second child.

Infertility is so hard!!! Anyways that's my rant for today...now I am going to eat a bowl of chocolate ice cream lol

Re: Dealing with friends who are expecting..my little rant :(

• Options
    ALL of my friends know about my infertility and for some reason they feel the need to announce to me before anyone else, I think now that I'm pregnant they feel like it's bonding for us or something but it still bugs me because it IS different and always will be for us-but I also realized they'll never ever understand so I usually let it roll off my back

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    (((HUGS)))) I completely understand! It took me many rounds of treatment to get my lo too. They probably don't even realize what they are doing but that doesn't mean it's not annoying. 

Me & DH (33), 3 Furbabies, TTC since October 2011
    Day 3 #’s (Dec 2012) FSH 9, AMH .77, LH 2.4, E2 31, AFC 9 

DX: Me-DOR + No Tubes, DH-Fine

Ectopic 2007; lost tube/2nd tube removed Dec 2011 (hydro)

April 2012=IVF#1- EPP Antag+ICSI, 2R,0F (BFN), Now dx’d with DOR.

June-July 2012=IVF#2- MDL+ICSI&AH, 8R,4M,3F (BFP 9dp3dt) Beta#1 at 11dp3dt=36, Beta#2 at 15dp3dt=156, Beta#3 at 19dp3dt=671, dx'd with SCH, no growth-m/c at 7wks/Lap Dec 2012 to remove small fibroid.

Feb 2013=IVF#3-MDL, 2/1=baseline, started 10 units mdl, AFC-7, 2/3 start gonal f, self cxld cycle b/c of low e2.

April 2013=IVF#3.5-(with new RE)AG/ANT Conv + ICSI. 4/10-4/23 bcp's, 4/20-4/27 lupron, 4/28-ganirelix until end of stimming, 5/2-600 gonal f, 5/4-add 1/2 vial menopur, 5/13-ER (9R,1M,1F), 5/17-ET, 1 beautiful 8 cell (please be my sticky baby!!!!) 5/28-BFFN.

Oct 2013=IVF#4-LLP+ICSI &AH, 10/14 (6R, 2M, 2F), 10/17-ET, 1 seven cell & a six cell, BFP at 9dp3dt, 1st beta=56, 2nd beta=52, CP.

Jan 2014=IVF #5-LLP, Cxld after 6 days of stims due to fast response and lead follicle. 

March 2014=IVF 5.5-LLP, Lupron 3/10, BL 3/18, 11 days of stims, Trigger 3/29, ER 3/31. 7R, 2M, 2F. ET 4/3. Txfd one 5 cell & one 9 cell. BFP on hpt from 7dp3dt & on. Praise be to God. Beta #1 at 11dp3dt=106, #2 at 13dp3dt=239. First u/s 4/28, measuring on track & heartbeat seen. 5/5-2nd u/s, measuring on track with strong heartbeat. 5/12- 3rd u/s & released from RE. Grow baby grow, we love you! Baby G&T is a BOY! Born 12/2014 via c/s! 8lbs, 8oz & 21 inches.

*******Ticker Warning**********

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"God's Delay is not God's Denial"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're not being selfish! Having fertility issues and needed to go through constant tests, procedures, treatments and getting mostly bad results, it changes how you view things. Most of our friends will (thankfully, as I don't wish this on anyone) never understand the badges we had to earn to in order to simply conceive. They can try to emphasize however they just will never be able to know the true feelings of heartache we've had to endure for years. Good friends can try to get it but they never will.
    I'm sure no one is trying to throw it in anyone's face and that they are just excited, but knowing that doesn't lessen the sting.
    The only thought that helps me get through it is this: when all of the shots, pain, procedures and everything else finally work in my favor and I get to finally raise my own lo, I can tell them how loved they are. I can tell them that mom and dad worked, pushed, and cried for years just to see their little face. No one else I know will be able to tell their kids how much they prayed for and wanted them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That is a great philosophy! I agree, being able to tell my LO how much they meant to us and how much we wanted her :) I do feel very lucky! I try to think that we are stronger and better people for what we went through..I know I learned to appreciate everything in life and I try not to take anything for granted. Still need that bowl of ice cream every once and awhile lol
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the hugs...sometimes that's all you need to feel better :)