Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fisher Price 4-in-1 Glider vs. 4Moms Mamaroo

Has anyone tried the Fisher Price 4-in-1 glider https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-4-in-1-Rock-n-Glide-Soother/39577505 ?  I'm scheduled for a 3rd c-section on July 1st for the delivery of our 3rd little boy!  My youngest will be 6 by then, so it's been a while since we've been in the market for baby gear.  We were devoted Fisher Price cradle swing lovers with our first two as were our sons, but since our motor broke, I have been planning on choosing a Mamaroo for our 3rd little one instead.  Lately I've read more and more reviews about the Mamaroo and checked it out in person, and am starting to reconsider, especially after I discovered the Fisher Price 4-in-1 glider as a possible alternative and for half the cost of a Mamaroo!  I haven't gotten to see the Fisher Price glider in person, but the video demos and reviews online look promising so far.  

Those who have had babies who were very happy and soothed in a full size cradle swing like Fisher Price and have also owned a Mamaroo, would you say your baby was soothed just as well by the Mamaroo, better by the Mamaroo, or was the Mamaroo a disappointment you had to return or wished you could?  It's sounding like the Mamaroo can only be used for a few months(maybe 4 months tops), but I know we were still using our cradle swing around 7-8 months old at least with our older boys, and the Fisher Price glider seems like it could be used for that long too.  I've just now realized the Mamaroo also does not come with an infant insert, but you have to purchase one for an additional $39 on top of the already $200-$269 price tag depending on the model.  The reviews that brought that to my attention stated there is not enough support for newborns in the Mamaroo without it, whereas the Fisher Price Glider, swings, bouncers, etc. all come with infant inserts ready to use.

So now I have to decide if I want to do a full size cradle swing again since our older two loved theirs so much (our youngest also benefited greatly because he had severe acid reflux and I just read the Mamaroo is not very good for reflux babies- what if we have another reflux baby?), the glider, or the Mamaroo, or possibly the glider AND a full size cradle swing instead of a Mamaroo.  All positive and negative feedback about the Mamaroo would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Fisher Price 4-in-1 Glider vs. 4Moms Mamaroo

• Options

Would this be used as an occassional swing to hang out in or would your baby sleep in this thing?

My DD slept in a Fisher Price Rock 'n' Play for the first 3 months and it was the most amazing piece of baby equipment I've ever owned. (Mind you it doesn't rock on it's own, but it does vibrate). I've never needed to let my kids sleep in a swing at night though. I use one during the day sometimes but at 6 months old, my daughter doesn't fit in the swing anymore.

• Options
    It would be for daytime soothing/naps/fun, not for sleeping at night.  Though for our 2nd who had reflux he actually did have to sleep in his swing some for the incline.  Not full time and not when he could sit up on his own later, but in the beginning when he could not be flat the swing worked best for him.  Our baby will hopefully not have reflux and be able to sleep in the bassinet and later in the playyard by our bed and room in for about 6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have a swing but do have a mommaroo that my DD is very happy to hang out in. She is not quite a month old. My now 4 year old son hated being in the mommaroo. He only liked a vibrating bouncy chair. I have never worried about the lack of an infant insert in the mommaroo since it cradles DD very well without one. Never seen the fisher price one so I can't give you an opinion on it
  • Options
    LeaALeaA member
    Two of my friends and I all had babies in the last year. All three of our babies hated the mamaroo. If you really want one I would suggest buying one off of craigslist. That way you don't pay so much if your LO hates it as well.
  • Options
    We bought the 4-1 glider- the clicking noise it made when it rocked was SO irritating I ended up exchanging it for the mamaroo- which is so much more quiet!