Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fussy baby...only sleeps good on tummy :/

My DS is 2 weeks old and everything is way different with him. He's on similac sensitive, but anyways. Car rides not all of them he will scream bloody murder, only way he calms down is either pulling him out or feeding him. Today however he was the same way when we got home but wasn't hungry, only way he would sleep was against me, unfortunately it was lunch time and I had to feed my other two kids. So I laid him on the floor on his tummy, he hasn't woke up and hasn't fussed. Anyone else go thru this and have any suggestions? He does the same thing at night but I feel he is way too young to sleep on his tummy(I know it's highly not recommended) I'm too scared to do it. Both my other two would roll onto their tummies to sleep when they were old enough.

Re: Fussy baby...only sleeps good on tummy :/

• Options

Do not let your 2 week old sleep on his tummy! That is super dangerous (as you already know).

My son would only sleep on me for the first couple months of his life. Yes it was inconvenient but I didn't really have a choice.

Can you wear your baby in a wrap or Ergo or something so you can get stuff done? I do that now with my daughter and it's really helpful.

Just remember that your baby is only 2 weeks old and is incredibly helpless right now and needs you. Even though you have 2 other kids, you have to make time for what he needs.

• Options
    I just posted about infant reflux and how my 9wk old will only sleep on my chest on his tummy because he had bad reflux. Could it be reflux he is experiencing?