March 2015 Moms
Options

Painful!

Sorry if this is TMI, but we've been trying to have sex, and I'm finding it difficult. It's painful! I feel like a virgin. We've only done it twice, and I feel bad because I want to be into it, but all I can think is I just want it to end once we get started. And we have to use a lubricant because I'm so dry. Is anyone else having this issue? I delivered vaginally and I'm 7 weeks post partum.

Re: Painful!

• Options
    My bubs nearly 6 weeks and we tried at about 4 weeks. Same thing, I was so dry. Just the thought hurts. And we haven't tried since. I just don't feel like it at the moment. Or any moment.. And I feel really bad for my partner. My mums been here for a week also as she had an accident, so I've been looking after her. And I just and do it, especially with her on the next room. When the time is right it will happen :)
  • Options
    Did you have stitches at all ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor told me that since I'm BF that I'll be dry and to use lubricant... I guess that is a side affect when BF...
  • Options
    I had the same problem, now I'm 9 weeks PP and I do breastfeed. I'm not sure how you all feel about oral, but it worked for my husband and I. Try foreplay too. Sex after delivery and recovery is not something you can just jump into. It hurt the first time and then we figured out oral really does help. And it makes the experience better for both of us.

But now I'm recovering from a surgery soooo another five weeks without any for me again :( lol but I hope my advice helps
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks out and only successfully had sex yesterday. This was our third attempt. I would suggest lots of foreplay and so much lube it feels "too wet". Having an orgasm first helps to relax your muscles. Or try a glass of wine. Or both.
  • Options
    @adelems Yes, I had stitches. Does that affect it in some way? @AuroraCelia I'm breastfeeding as well. Had no idea that would affect it. Thanks @Britanee&Baby, I'll try some wine maybe to relax! @takerany We're not into oral, but thanks for the advice!