May 2015 Moms
Options

Ladies, your body CAN do it.

So I came in last night for contractions, slow of movement and tons of bloody discharge. They monitored me, said my contractions were 3 minutes apart but I wasn't progressing so they were going to discharge me. While they were getting paperwork ready I was suddenly 1-1.5 minutes apart and they decided to monitor me longer. Long story short they admitted me and Logan William was born at 11:03 this morning. He was a VBA2C and much much larger than my others (7lbs 9oz, 7lbs 3oz, 4 lbs 7 oz and 10lbs 0oz). I only pushed 12 minutes and it was a breeze. While I understand not every delivery is easy, don't feel like you can't VBAC or push out a large baby.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Ladies, your body CAN do it.

• Options
    Congrats! Wishing us all speediness too :)
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! My first was a cesarean and he was 10 lbs 4 oz... I think this baby girl is at least a bit smaller... Always nice to hear a success story. Very hopeful I'll be able to do a VBAC too!
  • Options
    Awesome! Congrats!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm hoping for a VBAC too.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    ryemoryemo member
    VBA2C!!! Yessss. Good job.
  • Options
    Thank you! I needed to hear this. My baby is measuring large (about a pound and a half larger than he should be) so I have been nervous about pushing him out. I am a FTM on top of it so I have clueless about the entire process which isn't helping either.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! But no not every body can do it. Last time my body refused to progress after being in labor all day and my sons heartrate began to drop. I ended up with an emergency csection. That's great it worked out for you but not the case for everyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Congrats! But no not every body can do it. Last time my body refused to progress after being in labor all day and my sons heartrate began to drop. I ended up with an emergency csection. That's great it worked out for you but not the case for everyone.

This was more about the people who were considering elected C/S because baby is big or thinking they had to because they've had a section before. Not progressing is different than choosing a section out of fear.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    ryemoryemo member

This was more about the people who were considering elected C/S because baby is big or thinking they had to because they've had a section before. Not progressing is different than choosing a section out of fear.
    I've also seen tons of VBACs where there was failure to progress the first time and the vaginal birth was much smoother. Nobody knows more than other CS moms that your body might not do what you hoped it would, but nobody knows better than VBAC moms that your body is capable of amazing things.

• Options
    Brieb33Brieb33 member
    Yay congrats!! I'm also worried as I'm going for VBAC and have baby that is measuring in the 9-10lb range. Hoping for a success story like yours!!