April 2015 Moms
Options

A15 Birth Stories & how did it compare to your birth plan?

Is anyone interested in sharing their birth story?  Would love to hear about everyone's different experiences and especially how it differed in the end from what your original birth plan was!  :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A15 Birth Stories & how did it compare to your birth plan?

• Options
    My plan was a vbac (dd1 was breech). I had my water break at 38 weeks went to hospital was 6cm. Baby was born 5 hours later via VBAC. Everything went great until I had complications with placenta getting stuck to uterine wall- ended up in OR for a D&C that was supposed to be 30 min was 2 hours due to my tilted uterus they couldn't reach the placenta piece that was stuck. Ended up with a lot of blood loss and blood transfusions which all of that kicked my butt. Never in my wildest dream would have thought I needed to worry about the placenta causing issues. I have 25% chance of happening again. Very happy I did get my VBAC thoigh :)
  • Options
    There is a whole thread of birth stories. My birth plan: RCS. How it went down: RCS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wanted as intervention-free and natural of a birth as I could get, and it was the opposite. I went past my due date, argued with the doctor to get allowed to go to 42 weeks (their practice wants induction at 41 weeks), OB agreed with regular testing. At 9 days past due a failed NST ended up with an induction. It started Sunday at 4:30pm with cervidil. 12 hours later I had made zero progress (1/2cm dilated, 70% effaced before and after cervidil). Doctor wanted to go to cytotec but I refused so we did another 12 hours of cervidil, from 9am to 9pm on Monday. At the end of that I was 1cm, 70% effaced, cervix still very high. We started pitocin at 11pm on Monday night. By 3am contractions were unbearable and I was begging for an epidural. That came at 4:30am. I was also checked again and was just 2cm, cervix still high, 80% effaced. At 5am, 30 mins after getting the epi, my water broke on its own. Nurses cleaned me up, I fell asleep. The nurse shift change came at 7am, and the new nurse checked me then. Immediately she called in several other nurses bc she was so shocked at my progress (apparently she's been briefed that I was likely a failed induction and would be going to c-section later that morning). I was 10cm, baby's head was already practically out, they told me they could tell me her hair color! Everything happened really fast after that, setting up for her to come out, and then pushing. She came out super fast, however she was sunny side up and had her hand to her face... So I ended up with forceps, episiotomy, and a 3rd degree tear. Since delivery my tear has reopened and gotten infected, leaving me on a horrible road to recovery.
    While nothing was as I had hoped, I love my sweet girl so much and know she was worth it.
  • Options
    @JAP09-02 there's a whole thread of birth stories here in April 2015?? I found one that was old and only had a few. Would love to read. Please link if possible. Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Didn't have a specific birth plan, aside from not wanting an epidural (which i did avoid) but it wasn't quite what i expected.
    At my 37 week appointment they said that they'd likely induce me (i had GD) and had a spot free for an induction 4 days later. It was a bit of a rush, needless to say!
    I honestly expected the induction process to be a lot quicker but the gel application was painful as my cervix was hard to get to and i had almost an entire extra day in hospital waiting for my second gel application due to a sudden spike in births that day.
    Luckily once i did go into labor i progressed from 1 cm to 5 very quickly and they broke my waters rather than having the balloon. After that it only took about 6 hours to have him. :)
    I was actually surprised that the most painful part was the urge to push which i didn't realise was the urge to push for a short while.
    I had pethadine about 2 hours before delivery (as i hadn't progressed past 5 cm at that stage) which did nothing for the pain but made me pretty much drop to sleep between contractions.
    So happy to have my darling little boy now.
  • Options
    My birth plan was to try to go without an epidural but I wasn't against it. Everything else I was pretty open. Well after 5 hrs of labor and 1 hr of being monitored at the hospital to see if I would be admitted everything went wrong. A team of nurses ran in one rolled me on my side and was trying to find the baby's heartbeat, one put me on oxygen, and one started an IV. The Dr broke my water yelled that I was loosing too much blood and to take me to the OR. They didn't have time to do a spinal. I was put under general anastasia and less than 10 min later my son was born. It turns out I had a placental abruption and over 1/3 of my uterus had detached before my csection. Thankfully my son and I are both healthy and doing well now.
  • Options
    MommaBre2007MommaBre2007 member
    edited May 2015
    Went in for an Induction on the 8th, started at 3 cm, stalled at 5 for about 5 hours, recieved an epidural, they put me on all fours to get her to push her head down. Went from 5 to 10 in about 20 minutes. Pushed for 10 minutes and she was born at 2:41 PM. It was very different from my labor with my oldest. With my oldest I was in labor for 2 days and pushed for 2 and a half hours. My SO and I were laughing the entire time with this one. Even threw pushing. Nurse told us we were the most fun couple shes had. She was an amazing nurse. My birth plan was to get the baby out! So, Id say it went the way I planned :)
  • Options

@JAP09-02 there's a whole thread of birth stories here in April 2015?? I found one that was old and only had a few. Would love to read. Please link if possible. Thanks!

Page 2. Called Birth Stories. Can bump it up.