December 2015 Moms
Options

Pregnancy test addiction???

this is my first pregnancy and I opted not to have my first appt until I am over 7 was so I will have a better chance at hearing the heartbeat. In the meantime I cannot stop buying and taking pregnancy tests to reassure myself! My husband is going to kill me when he finds out how much money I am spending on them. Is anyone else addicted to the positives???

Re: Pregnancy test addiction???

• Options
    Dollar Store brand works just as well as the expensive kind.
  • Options
    I couldn't stop smiling ear to ear when I saw my first positive, and even more on the second. I have wanted that plus so long now, it's so worth it. I dont care about the money, though I don't go overboard, just knowing that he or she is finally on the way. (: I'm about 5.5-6 possibly 7 weeks and my appointment is Monday. I didnt want to wait until the doctor to reassure me with another test, so I bought a couple more HPTs today (:.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good to know I'm not the only one! I will have to hit up the dollar store until my appt for sure!
  • Options
    Just a warning!  I was an addict, and the hook effect is real. :)  Read up on it so you don't freak out when your tests start going lighter.  For cheap tests, Wandfo's are great.  See the attached image for when I proved to myself about the hook effect. 
  • Options

Just a warning!  I was an addict, and the hook effect is real. :)  Read up on it so you don't freak out when your tests start going lighter.  For cheap tests, Wandfo's are great.  See the attached image for when I proved to myself about the hook effect. 

YES!!! This!

I'm a POAS addict but I think today was my last day because my tests have been fading. If I dilute it with a ton of water I get a very strong positive. Otherwise the lines are fainting.

Wondfo cheapie a are great at about $.40 each. You have to be careful who you used to buy them from because a lot of sellers on Amazon are selling fake ones. Formosa Medical have real ones and they are a great price.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    I still have my tests (I can't bring myself to throw them away) I took them over 4 weeks ago and lines are still as visible as day 1! It's just a reminder everytime I step in my bathroom! :)
  • Options
    kleshelle said:

I still have my tests (I can't bring myself to throw them away) I took them over 4 weeks ago and lines are still as visible as day 1! It's just a reminder everytime I step in my bathroom! :)

I do too! And my digital still says "pregnant" after a month later. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to part with them. I just love seeing them first thing in the morning.
  • Options
    amama3amama3 member
    I took one on April28 (morning pee) looked away for like 3minutes and it was positive. I needed to ease my mind so I bought a 2pack on April29, (I only peed on one around5pm) Literally 2seconds after the pee touched the stick that beautiful line showed. Went to a Pregnancy ResourceCenter to confirm my pregnancy today and set up my US for May13. Soo excited :D Cheers!! To healthy beans :)
  • Options
    amama3amama3 member
  • Options
    Yeah my first 3 digital tests showed pregnant with the weeks estimate but they disappeared after about 3 days so I bought a whole bunch of other kinds just so I can wake up and get that feeling every morning!
  • Options
    I took three different brands after my first positive, and held onto them for two weeks. It really helped with the surreal feeling! People made fun of me and we were having friends over, so I tossed them. Luckily, soon after that, nausea hit hard so I have other reminders.

I still want to POAS, though, and keep it. Crazy addicting to see the lines.
  • Options
    amw2133amw2133 member
    I still have my two tests. One digital and one with the two lines. Put them in a drawer and look at them at least once a day. Haha