Northern California Babies
Options

San Jose: Cambrian OBGYN Recommendations

Hi there, I'm moving to the Cambrian Park/Willow Glen area and am interested in finding an OBGYN in the area. It seems like Good Sams is the best place to look but I'd love to learn more about your thoughts and experiences in the area. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: San Jose: Cambrian OBGYN Recommendations

• Options
    Depends on your health insurance & if you have a specific plan for birth in mind. Have heard really good things about Good Sams as well as other area hospitals. If you have Kaiser, you'd be limited to their docs & then going through either the San Jose (Cottle/Santa Theresa) or Santa Clara locations. Both have heard wonderful things about. I delivered at the San Jose location.

Would join Las Madres as a trial member & email the Search N Find. There'd be many moms with wide variety of insurance carriers that you could pick the brains of.

Also, am guessing you already have a LO based on your profile pic. You might want to find Silicon Valley Toddler blog/Facebook page. Is a wealth of info for playground reviews & local activities.

Welcome to the neighborhood in advance!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi there! I live in the Cambrian Park/Willow Glen area and I go to Los Olivos Women's Medical Group in Los Gatos.  They are the best.  I see Dr. Bovone, but many of my friends see other doctors there and they are all very happy with them.  I hope this helps!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your helpful suggestions! Yes, I have a delicious 10 mo boy. We are really excited to move later this month!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    El Camino Hospital in both Mountain View and Los Gatos have really good reputations for being very patient friendly! I have Palo Alto Medical Foundation (through Aetna) and have been seeing Dr. Hung Ecklund in Sunnyvale because I wanted to give birth at El Camino. PAMF is associated with Good Sam if I went to the Los Gatos office location. I have personally heard they have a really high cesarean rate, which made me nervous so I decided to avoid it all together. 
  • Options
    I second the recommendation for Los Olivos!  I'm currently pregnant with my second.  Love my OB Dr. Conwell and had a great experience at Good Sam with my first baby.  I can also recommend Dr. Rosenberg and Dr. Imig (also OBs Los Olivos) who cared for me during my labor and delivery.  
  • Options
    I've been going to Los Olivos for 15 years! Dr Reimnitz delivered my twins, and Dr Silverman will be delivering our little surprise in September. It's a fabulous practice with many docs to chose from....all are awesome from what I hear!