December 2015 Moms
Options

please help

Does anyone have any experience with heavy bleeding in the 5th week and it NOT being a miscarriage? The dr wouldn't see me but had me get bloodwork Wednesday and more tomorrow. I won't find out until saturday. I'm 99% certain I had a miscarriage but that small shred of hope remains and having to wait until Saturday is killing me

Re: please help

• Options
    I did!! Threatened miscarriage . Bed rest for a little bit . Not to give you false hope but it can happen .
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Unfortunately heavy bleeding is often a sign of miscarriage, this early is it considered a chemical pregnancy by most physicians. (I had one the first time I was pregnant. My dr just sent me for blood work which confirmed a miscarriage)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can also get a period while pregnant and still have the baby. Some woman . Best advice I heard , it will be what it will be and it was never your fault
  • Options
    @josiesanderson I feel like it is my fault. When I had my son he was 2 months early, not because of him but because my health was deterioting and they had to do a c section. Now this. I feel like as a woman I should be able to do this. Doesn't help my husband's not being very supportive

• Options
    You can't get your period while you are pregnant. Your period is caused by the lining of the uterus expelling, but you can spot during pregnancy and that can be missinterpreted as a period which is why so many people don't know they are pregnant till they are really far along.
  • Options

You can't get your period while you are pregnant. Your period is caused by the lining of the uterus expelling, but you can spot during pregnancy and that can be missinterpreted as a period which is why so many people don't know they are pregnant till they are really far along.

^this. Unfortunately heavy bleeding is a good precursor for a miscarriage. If you are miscarrying, know that it is very common, lots of us have been through one, and that it is not your fault.
  • Options
    Whatever may happen, it's not your fault. None of this is in your control. It's in none of ours. All we can do is try to stay healthy and make good decisions, but if you have a miscarriage please don't blame yourself. So many of us here have been through that and you can't let guilt overtake you. Take a deep breath. Hugs to you.