December 2015 Moms
Options

To eat or not to eat

Well, being pregnant has put foods into two categories for me:

1. Makes me nauseaous

2. Doesn't make me nauseous

Used to LOVE Amy's pizza's and can't stand them now, Coffee is grossing me out (usually drink tons), avocado, chicken, fish, salad, endless!

I had a burger for lunch today and it was the highlight of my day. Loving watermelon, lemon tea, ice cold water, mac and cheese, chicken pot pie, Micky D's sausage egg and cheese bisquit.

I am usually a very healthy eater, but I feel like a different person with this pregnancy!!! I don't have to wonder why I am bloated and constipated!!! Hold on for the second trimester.

I am thankful that I am cutting myself some slack and not getting down on myself for my less than nutritious food intake. Girl has to eat and I am not going to make myself sick by forcing myself to eat foods that gross me out. :)

How bout you ladies?? What foods are tickling your fancy and turning you off?

Re: To eat or not to eat

• Options
    I had this for lunch today and it was glorious...

https://whataburger.com/food/item/honey-mustard-whatachickn-club

Last night for dinner I had watermelon, grapes, and roasted peanuts. I haven't had any aversions or big cravings this time around. With my daughter, the thought of Mexican food made me want to barf, especially thinking of any of the sauces. Also, some things that my DH would make for dinner I couldn't stand the smell. Things that normally wouldn't bother me.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Subway and beef jerky have been my calling this week. Nothing unless looks good at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I've been craving is dessert. And shrimp cocktail.
  • Options
    Fruit and greasy foods that's all
  • Options
    My grocery trip looked like a 5th grader did it. Pop tarts, frosted flake and spaghetti O. And my 4yo DD didn't get any of it!
  • Options
    I was craving hash browns and ate tons the other night for dinner and now the thought of them makes me want to vomit! Right now I am craving mashed potatoes, but with constantly feeling nausea I am scared to eat anything besides soup!
  • Options
    I can't eat meat now. It makes me so sick...the smell...the look...the taste. Ugh. Gluten free Mac n cheese has been a life saver...yogurts....lime fruit pops. That's about all I can handle.
  • Options
    Oh my @redfallon that looks amazing. I'm really hoping I can go back to healthy after this trimester, because all i've wanted was pasta, pizza, and general carb happiness this time around. The thought of salad makes me gag. i want protein and carbs. Mmm.. And a burger just sounds divine right now. So do cheetos. I had to get the "healthy-ish" sun chips to satisfy that craving. Only good thing is that i'm not really into sweets. 
  • Options

Oh my @redfallon that looks amazing. I'm really hoping I can go back to healthy after this trimester, because all i've wanted was pasta, pizza, and general carb happiness this time around. The thought of salad makes me gag. i want protein and carbs. Mmm.. And a burger just sounds divine right now. So do cheetos. I had to get the "healthy-ish" sun chips to satisfy that craving. Only good thing is that i'm not really into sweets. 

I'm really watching myself this time. I'm not eating salads, but I'm not eating everything in sight, either. I gained 60 lbs with Emily and that was 12 lbs in the first trimester. So far, I've gained an average of 2 lbs and I'm a little over 6 weeks. I started out 15 lbs over what I was with Emily when I got pregnant with her (and that was 15 lbs over my normal weight). I feel so lucky that I don't have any aversions or big cravings right now!

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    So far all I can think about is cheese and carbs! I'm usually a very clean water with little of either in my diet, but baby wants what baby wants
  • Options
    I was on a roll feeling great, eating just about anything lol but the nausea has hit so hard I can barely eat anything at all, even water or Gatorade makes me want to run for the bathroom. I attempted to eat wings and things today, but that didn't turn out so well.