January 2016 Moms

To those that have gotten their BFP...

Have you had any cramping as a symptom yet?

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

Re: To those that have gotten their BFP...

• I have.  I had it pretty bad (no worse than period) for a day or so, then just on and off for a few days.  Today was the first day without.  But I traded it for morning sickness, so I almost would rather have the cramping.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Yes! I just got my BFP this morning.  I felt very PMS'y for the past three days (mostly crampy and tired), but my period never showed up.  This is my first pregnancy so this is a completely new experience for me!  Are cramps in the first few weeks of pregnancy typical?  

Congrats to everyone else as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm due on 1/6 as well! Just got my BFP this morning!  Started having twinges of pain on Monday and just an achiness the last couple of days.  Glad to know it's normal as I was a bit worried before my test!  Follow up blood test on Friday to confirm... fingers crossed levels go up!
  • Yes with every pregnancy.
  • Yes, my only symptom.  I've been cramping every day since 3 days before my BFP.  It's barely enough to even bother me, but I notice it.  
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1: April 2015
    BFP: 4/25/15
    EDD: 1/5/16
  • Yep..I'd say cramps and fatigue have started to kick into over drive. Thankfully the cramps come and go and are somewhat manageable. I feel like I can't complain because it will likely get worse. This is gonna be a long 9 months...and then some. (Also first pregnancy)
  • Yes, I had pretty significant cramping yesterday. With my first I had it for a few days as well.
  • Yes! I just found out I was pregnant yesterday! But before I found out, I just figured it was period cramps. What convinced me to take a test was that my nipples hurt so bad! It hurt to even hug my husband!
  • EmXaEmXa member
    Yes that was my only 'symptom' I cramped all the way from a few days before ovulation and it just stopped today at 4 weeks 5 days pregnant.
  • Yes my cramping started yesterday and I thought I was going to get my period and today more cramping all day it's not painful just uncomfortable first time with this symptom another symptom I have is a little nausea a lot of sore nipples
  • The cramping is what promoted me to test early when I got my BFP last Saturday. I have NEVER had cramps before AF - only after so you aren't alone. :-)
  • I found out on April 25th at 13dpo. I had cramps until about 4weeks 4days. And now its been replaced with light pressure. Nothing too uncomfortable but still odd.
  • I'm only having very light cramping, but I'm also having traces of spotting. Second blood test today! Hoping for elevated levels! *finger crossed*
  • I'm glad to hear cramping is normal. I've had slight cramps on and off for the past 5 days. I got my BFP on 4/27 and had a sneaking suspicion that I was pregnant when I couldn't stay awake at work, my nipples were sore and my period usually comes like clockwork in the morning. I miscarried last year at 8 weeks so I'm trying to take this day by day but it's so hard not to get excited. Fingers crossed...
  • I haven't gotten my BFP yet, however I've been experiencing very light cramping, making me think AF is coming, but never does. This would be my first pregnancy, so I'm trying to wit until 2 weeks from missed period.
  • blsav23blsav23 member
    Lurking from Oct...I'm 14w4d & am still crampy! OB says everything is stretching to make a place for babies (I'm having twins!). It was really PMS like for the first 8-9 weeks & now feels like pulling with the occasional period like cramp. Nothing to worry about but yes, it's unnerving!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • adcc43adcc43 member
    I had a few days of bad cramping, equal to bad pm'd cramps, but it has started to subside. I just have light cramping here and there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Higgink5 said:

I haven't gotten my BFP yet, however I've been experiencing very light cramping, making me think AF is coming, but never does. This would be my first pregnancy, so I'm trying to wit until 2 weeks from missed period.

FYI - there is a Trying To Get Pregnant board that discusses the TWW. The ladies there are educated and informed and very supportive. Please lurk on that thread to see if you would fit in.
    *YCSWU July Siggy" 

LFAF July Siggy
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Steph Lyn said:

I'm only having very light cramping, but I'm also having traces of spotting. Second blood test today! Hoping for elevated levels! *finger crossed*

FX for elevated levels. I know waiting is the hardest part. Keep us posted.
    *YCSWU July Siggy" 

LFAF July Siggy
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tested positive on 4.23 and that put me due 1.6.16 which happens to be my MIL birthday. This is our second child, but the reason I tested this time was because I opened up a package of burger to make dinner and about lost it. The smell was so strong. I stopped immediately and went and tested. I told my husband about 30 minutes later after I caught a grip. We were TTC, but we only tried once! Seriously never dreamed it'd take that quickly since it did take longer the first time. My boobs have doubled in size already and they are continually sore. I'm bloated huge every evening and my sense of smell is unreal.
  • So relieved to see all these responses! Made my way over here after bfps confirmed this am. Due january 9th. I would call it mild cramping and it is on and off all day for the lat 3-4 days. I feel like no one tells you that cramping is part of the deal in the beginning.

Trying not to compare to my first pregnancy which ended in miscarriage in February. Then I had the very sore boobs but no cramping.

Now my boobs feel totally normal but the cramping and watery cm had me convinced aF was on the way.

Congrats to you all! Glad to have a place to come and relate.
  • Congrats @BeachBum1330 I'm due the 9th too
  • Totally have been cramping. Mild cramping on and off
  • amt20amt20 member
    I just got my bfp may 3. I have been feeling like i was going to get my period for the past 4 or 5 days due to the cramping/deep pressure in my lower abdomen. I tested due to missed period 2 weeks post ovulation. I just miscarried at the end of march so these crampy feelings are terrifying. It is so reassuring to hear that it is normal. Thank you all for sharing!
  • tuitwotuitwo member
    Yes. In fact, the day before I tested I remember telling DH that I was about to start my period, because I was cramping. I had it last time, too. It is due to increased blood flow to the area.