December 2015 Moms

2nd time and beyond moms

Did  you use the same bottles with your 2nd LO?

how about pacifiers ect?

I need to purge all my baby things and figure what I want to keep verse get rid of.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd time and beyond moms

• This is baby #2 for me and I have also been thinking about trying a different bottle with this one.  I'm still trying to do some research and see if any new ones have come out that they recommend.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker
  • We will try the same ones that we already have, but it will depend on the baby. We tried a couple of different bottles with Emily and some didn't work as well. We tried Tommee Tippee and she kept pushing the nipple in and they were too fast for her. We also had (and kept using) the Phillips Avent Natural bottles.

Although they say that the NUK pacifiers are better, the only ones that she would take are the Soothies that we got at the hospital. And we didn't want to use them at first, but it's the only way she'd sleep the first night at the hospital. She never had nipple confusion, so that's not a foregone conclusion from using a pacifier. She used a pacifier, nursed, and used bottles from day one/two.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I reused my bottles on first and second but I replaced all the nipples and pacifiers for each baby just for hygienic purposes.
  • Yes I'll use the same ones. I'll buy new nipples and pacis of course but I will use the the MAM pacis and Dr Browns bottles again for sure!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will definitely use the same Vent air bottles. New nipple of course. The MAM brand and the soothie pacifiers has worked well for me
  • I loved my dr brown's despite all the parts. I may try the glass dr brown's this time because the plastic does get old after so many washes. So i think we'll get new 8 oz bottles since we used them so much but keep my 4 oz bottles with new nipples because I only used those for a few months. Definitely new set of pacis. 
  • This is #3. The only thing I have learned about having more than one is.... Absolutely nothing. Every pregnancy/baby is different!!! I had to figure out what each of them liked, and it was NEVER the same. Which is extra evident now that they are 4&6!!!!
  • This is #2 for me. I used the advent Naturals bottle with dd and was happy with them but I might get Medela this time just so it matches my pump and I don't have to pump into one bottle and poor into another to feed. Extra bottles to wash :/