November 2015 Moms

Nausea still at almost 14 weeks..help!

So looks like the nausea isn't tapering off like I hoped it would. Any suggestions on what will help? Has anyone been prescribed anything by doc and if so, did it make a big difference? Thanks girls

Re: Nausea still at almost 14 weeks..help!

• With my first I had nausea till 19 weeks ALL DAY. It was terrible. They ended up putting me on zofran because I could barely keep water down. I could eat once it kicked in. Not s huge meal but felt better with food in me. Feel better!
  • I have been taking b6 vitamins and ginger capsules two or three times a day and it has helped a lot! And lemon hard candies work great as well. Hope you start to feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • I still have it at almost 13 weeks too, I have been using sea-bands, I can't say for sure but I think they have helped me a bit. 
    Also my nausea is always worse when I haven't eaten for a while so if you can face eating, I would suggest trying to have regular, little snacks to keep it at bay. 
  • Diclegis is what my friends doctor prescribes for her to take in her pregnancies. Works great! Fortunately, I have been one of the blessed ones without much sickness.
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm on Zofran. It's the only thing that's helped.
  • Mine usually goes away by 12 weeks or so. My last pregnancy I was put on meds. I will say a few friends who had longer term nausea ended up having acid reflux, which was causing the sickness and when they were put on meds for that no more sickness.
  • I am in the same boat.  My MS has not subsided at all and I am over 13 weeks.  I started Diclegis about 3 weeks ago and it has significantly helped, much much more than over the counter B6 and dicyclomine (to my surprise).  I still have MS, but it takes the edge off and lessens the vomiting.  It's quite expensive, but my doctor gave me samples and the sample bottles also had a coupon for your first month supply.  I would bet this coupon might be available from the manufacturer as well.  It's worth asking about.
  • I was on promethazine. I had to take half of one last night but mostly I'm off of them. I was taking 3 a day for a while! They're very inexpensive. I pay $6 for 20 pills. They saved me while I was in the worst of it. But they also made me insanely exhausted and I noticed they were giving me headaches. But it was so much better than throwing up and spending all day curled up in a ball.  With my last pregnancy I wasn't back to normal until 15 weeks. This time its been much faster. Hang in there! You could wake up tomorrow and suddenly feel great! 

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I had nausea all day right from the beginning. My dr finally prescribed me diclegis and it has worked wonders for me! I also tried zofran but prefer diclegis as is just works better and longer for me. I take 2 at night and one in the morning. Lifesaver!
  • Have you tried diclegis? It's a lifesaver