August 2015 Moms
Options

Pampers or Huggies

Which one is the better of the 2?

Re: Pampers or Huggies

• Options
    For us, pampers swaddlers worked amazing when DS was younger. Now we do pampers baby dry. We've never experienced a "blow out" of any kind and can't remember any leakage issues either.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It really depends on the baby. Some are more susceptible to rashes from one diaper to the next. For us, Pampers were the only way to go, DS would leak or explode out of everything else!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've always heard Pampers when someone is asked this question. It's the brand I plan to use. My close friends and sister in law use them and love them!
  • Options
    I like pampers in little sizes (NB, 1) then I've always switched to Luvs. I did not like huggies.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We preferred the newborn huggies but then went to luvs after that along with cloth diapers. It really depends on your baby's shape though more than anything.
  • Options
    Pampers
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers til size 4, then went to cruisers. We are potty trained at night here so using pull ups as a back up. I also do cloth part time.
  • Options
    victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited April 2015
    I'm gonna be a ftm but I've watched and baby sat lots of baby's and toddlers still in their diaper years and huggies have a bad name for leaking for lots of people and have leaked For me on any baby or kid they been used on and that's on a good handful of children so personally I will be going with pampers .
  • Options
    Pampers
  • Options
    Pampers leaked with our first two kids so we've been Huggies all the way. We also tried Luvs and hated them.
  • Options
    I really like pampers swaddlers, after about size 2, we have always used Sam's brand. They work great, and are much cheaper.
  • Options
    Personally for us pampers. I had a kick butt coupon for huggies and bought some and man did I hate them. For us, bad fit and contouring. Not as soft as pampers either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pampers for NB and size 1. But after that we just bought Huggies because they are much cheaper at Costco when they are on sale! I have tried Honest Co. too, they work. Target brand is meh... but OK if you get them really cheap and your kid is no longer prone to blowouts. We very rarely had any leaking problems with Huggies Snug n Dry.

Make sure you calculate price per diaper after all discounts, gift cards with purchase, etc! I usually buy diapers around 19-22 cents each, sometimes less. 29 cents per diaper is too high (unless they are pull-ups and come with a free backpack, then I make an exception).
  • Options
    My mom got me a great deal on pampers so that's what I have for size 1 and I'm gonna buy a pack of newborn just in case she isn't as big as everyone thinks she will be. But I know sometimes you have to try out a few different brands to find the right one
  • Options
    Pampers all the way for us. Huggies didn't fit right in my son and ended in horrible poopsplosions!
  • Options
    We always used Huggies! I guess it's just a personal preference.. Never liked pampers or luvs!
  • Options
    We always used the pampers newborn with the umbilical cord notch at first, then switched to Luvs. HATED huggies, they alwayd leaked. I'm trying the cloth route this time though after her cord falls off.
  • Options
    pampers!
  • Options
    Pampers
  • Options
    Another vote for pampers. I always regret it when I buy something else. The quality is worth it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ambahambah member
    Depends on baby...we started with huggies and around 4 months she started blowing them out. Switched to pampers and so much better. We will be using pampers with baby 2.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Pampers 100%!! We tried Huggies when my son was a newborn and he had major blowouts!

However, now that he's 18 months old we've switched to Huggies' overnight diapers. He was waking up soaking wet in the pampers overnight. He still wears pampers during that day though.
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers. I had an assortment of newborn brands and decided I liked the feel and smell of this one the best. I'll have an assortment for #2 since she's a girl and has different parts, heh! Hopefully we'll stay with pampers though.
  • Options
    It really can vary from child to child and age to age. Pampers Swaddlers worked great for my son as a newborn, but Huggies Snug and Dry and the Little Movers work much better as a toddler. I tried Luvs and the Target diapers, but was disappointed. Try small packs at first and do what works best! If you are trying to stock up, just keep your receipts. I have a friend who used a different brand with each of her three kids.
  • Options
    HulerHuler member
    Pampers Swaddlers, then Cruisers.
  • Options

I am a FTM and have my closet stocked with Pampers swaddlers size 1-3. I also have a stock of Pampers sensitive wipes. I have kept receipts just in case, but this is the brand that I feel most comfortable stockpiling..lol. I  have heard more positive mommy reviews for pampers and this is the brand that the hospital uses. I stock in bulk at Sams Club for $40 per box, but Babies R Us recently had a $8 coupon which made each box $32.

• Options
    My first was allergic to pampers and Huggies. But strangely enough luvs and off brands never caused and issue. He had very sensitive skin though. So this go round I will only be opening the smaller packages to see how things go until we know which one works best for this little one. I can always just take back the boxes to switch brands if one doesn't work out.
  • Options
    So what I was told was that pampers is better for skinnier babies and huggies worked better for the chunkier baby theighs. But who really knows. That's why I'm not stalking up on diapers. We will what works when she gets here
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I like pampers (especially the swaddlers) for babies and huggies for toddlers (pull ups).

• Options
    We stuck to Pampers... tried Huggies once and the baby always smelled like pee. This time we're going to try Luvs (just for cost reasons)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always use pampers swaddlers at first. Until my kids get bigger then I switch to Huggies or costco brand as they tend to fit my kids better. And I've done that with all 3 of my kids and plan to do it with our 4th child as well :) I also like to get wipes from costco or parents choice wipes. ( but definitely no parents choice diapers sizes NB -3 as I think they are awful ) however parents choice worked for us in size 4 & 5 ( kind of like huggies) . They are made way different. And we only used parents choice diapers size 4&5 with our youngest child as we got more relaxed and decided to save a few bucks lol. But like some other pp's said it really depends on your child and what works for them and you. Lol sorry for the long post.
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't stock up on anything until you try different brands on your baby.  The old belief is that Huggies are for girls and Pampers are for boys.  This ended up being true for DS.  We had several samples and small bags from various places, so we were able to try out a few different kinds.  The Huggies did not fit DS at all.  They were simply not cut right for his body.  We switched to Pampers and used them until he was potty trained.  We are now expecting another boy, and I am planning on doing the same thing with trying a few different brands before choosing one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers