November 2015 Moms
Options

Questions to ask midwife at first appointment?

Hey I'm having my second child and I've decided to go with a birthing center and midwives this time. My first appointment is on tuesday and I'm one of those people that has trouble thinking of questions to ask and then 2 days layer think of great questions. Just wondering what you've discussed with your midwives doctors on the first appointment if you're having your baby at home or at a birth center. 

The only thing I could think of is "How long after I have the baby do I stay at the center? Will I have time to sleep for awhile after the baby is born?" 

Would love ideas from things you've discussed or are going to discuss with your birth team. 

Re: Questions to ask midwife at first appointment?

• Options
    Honestly I googled it (something like - what questions to ask at first prenatal appointment). There were some great things that came up that I never would have thought of.
  • Options
    I'm also using a midwife and most of the questions that I had she ended up going over before I even got to ask them lol. One important one though is if you decided to transfer to a hospital during your pregnancy (due to complications) would you get a partial refund since you didn't use all of her services? Also what kind of pain management techniques does she have? Has she ever had to transfer a laboring woman to a hospital? If so, for what reason? I also liked to find out her stance on certain things that I felt strongly about such as vaccinations and circumsision. I also asked how many clients she takes on, as I wanted to make sure she would be able to make it for the birth and not be overbooked.
    Anytime I thought of a question I would save it in my phone that way I wouldn't forget!
    Hope this helps!