June 2015 Moms

99th percentale

I just left the doctor and my baby is measuring 35 weeks (5lbs 11oz) but I am only 32 weeks. (I know sonograms can be off either way). My doctor is just going to keep an eye and I have another sonogram in 2 weeks. I am a STM but My DD was right on schedule. Anyone else's baby really big?

Re: 99th percentale

• Yep. Last week at my 31 week ultrasound baby was measuring 34 weeks. 5 lbs 3 oz. I'm now having weekly stress tests and an ultrasound every two weeks. I have GD so my doctor said I'm just having a fat baby. I'm a little worried.
  • Loading the player...
  • lzamaree said:

Yep. Last week at my 31 week ultrasound baby was measuring 34 weeks. 5 lbs 3 oz. I'm now having weekly stress tests and an ultrasound every two weeks. I have GD so my doctor said I'm just having a fat baby. I'm a little worried.

I've never had a stress test. I don't have GD. I hope everything works out great for you and baby. Im worried too.

• At my doctor's appt. today my OB said that baby was measuring big and scheduled me for another ultrasound on Monday. :\@lzamaree I've heard that women with GB typically have bigger babies. I don't think it's a rule but just fairly common.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep. I've stayed two weeks ahead. Now I'm having growth checks every two weeks.
  • Oh and she did change my due date today.
  • mrs1374a said:

I just left the doctor and my baby is measuring 35 weeks (5lbs 11oz) but I am only 32 weeks. (I know sonograms can be off either way). My doctor is just going to keep an eye and I have another sonogram in 2 weeks. I am a STM but My DD was right on schedule. Anyone else's baby really big?

Did the doctor really say your baby was measuring at the 99th percentile? I hope that's a serious over estimate! Goodness.
  • My stinkers is just long like her mommy :D
  • mrs1374amrs1374a member
    edited April 2015
    Frogger5 said:

mrs1374a said:

Did the doctor really say your baby was measuring at the 99th percentile? I hope that's a serious over estimate! Goodness.
    Yes. That's exactly what they said. And they showed me on the charts where her dot is.
  • lkr004 said:

At my doctor's appt. today my OB said that baby was measuring big and scheduled me for another ultrasound on Monday. :\@lzamaree I've heard that women with GB typically have bigger babies. I don't think it's a rule but just fairly common.

I passed the test with great numbers though. Not even boarder line.
  • mrs1374a said:

Frogger5 said:

mrs1374a said:

Yes. That's exactly what they said. And they showed me on the charts where her dot is.
    I mean, almost 6 pounds definitely seems really big, but still . . . ! I guess that isn't helpful at all, but good luck and I hope it turns out to be inaccurate.
  • @mrs1374a How was she measuring at your anatomy scan? Did you have a dating ultrasound? Is it possible your EDD is off?
  • I'm in the exact same boat as you - all my ultrasounds have indicated that we are above the 99 percentile. I am currently 35 weeks and our boy has an estimated fetal weight of 8.5 pounds, we still have 12 days to go till our scheduled c/s date but Dr says he could be up to 10 pounds. I've attached a screen shot of our report from our ultrasound yesterday.
  • Hey, my last baby was 10 lbs 6 oz (41 weeks no GD). Sometimes they're just big and tall. I wouldn't know either way but a lot of people swear bigger babies come out easier than small babies. Don't sweat it!
  • Frogger5 said:

@mrs1374a How was she measuring at your anatomy scan? Did you have a dating ultrasound? Is it possible your EDD is off?

I had a dating scan and it was perfect to the date of my missed period. At my anatomy scan she was 2 days ahead. Which is obviously still normal.
  • mrs1374a said:

lzamaree said:

Yep. Last week at my 31 week ultrasound baby was measuring 34 weeks. 5 lbs 3 oz. I'm now having weekly stress tests and an ultrasound every two weeks. I have GD so my doctor said I'm just having a fat baby. I'm a little worried.

I've never had a stress test. I don't have GD. I hope everything works out great for you and baby. Im worried too.

Hopefully baby just had a growth spurt?!  I'm sure your doc will keep an eye on things and make sure everything is OK!!!  Good luck :)

• jenkbob said:

mrs1374a said:

lzamaree said:

Hopefully baby just had a growth spurt?!  I'm sure your doc will keep an eye on things and make sure everything is OK!!!  Good luck :)

Thanks so much!

• My SIL was induced at 34 weeks her son was 10.9 lbs!!! No joke. He wore 3-6 month clothes at birth.
  • devyns2nd said:

My SIL was induced at 34 weeks her son was 10.9 lbs!!! No joke. He wore 3-6 month clothes at birth.

Did they induce her because of his size?? That's only 1 1/2 week for me! I realize she won't gain 4 lbs in that time but I don't think I'll let them take her early.
  • My son was 9 lbs 3 oz... My doctor keeps "warning" me my next baby will be bigger... My son was perfectly healthy and is not even close to overweight... This baby is currently in 44th percentile for weight and my doctor is still reminding me that they add weight these last few weeks... She had told me to avoid juice and empty calories... My husband was over 10lbs and I was 8.8 so I don't think a 7lb baby is in my future haha
  • ElRuby said:

My son was 9 lbs 3 oz... My doctor keeps "warning" me my next baby will be bigger... My son was perfectly healthy and is not even close to overweight... This baby is currently in 44th percentile for weight and my doctor is still reminding me that they add weight these last few weeks... She had told me to avoid juice and empty calories... My husband was over 10lbs and I was 8.8 so I don't think a 7lb baby is in my future haha

I seriously only drink water and every so often a glass of tea with dinner. That's my scare is how much weight they gain towards the end. Our first daughter was 7 lbs 13 oz, and she was over due. So I did not expect that at my sonogram, at all! She even remeasuered her because I said my first was 7 lbs over due. My husband was almost 10 lbs, but I was only 6. She said it could be from genetics.
  • Yep. Mine is above 95th percentile. At 32 weeks he was an estimated 5lbs 4oz. I go for another ultrasound at 36 weeks to see how big he is. My doctor said we'd take it into consideration and if my cervix felt ready at 39ish weeks, we'd discuss pros and cons of induction. My DH was 8lbs 7 oz and was early. My Father in law was over 9. I'm almost 5'10" and my DH is 6' 3", so my doctor said she's not surprised. My GD 1 hour test numbers came back great so no GD here either. I'm thrilled he looks healthy, but am worried about pushing him out. Lol.

@mamameghan hoping you're right!
  • mrs1374a said:

ElRuby said:

My son was 9 lbs 3 oz... My doctor keeps "warning" me my next baby will be bigger... My son was perfectly healthy and is not even close to overweight... This baby is currently in 44th percentile for weight and my doctor is still reminding me that they add weight these last few weeks... She had told me to avoid juice and empty calories... My husband was over 10lbs and I was 8.8 so I don't think a 7lb baby is in my future haha

I seriously only drink water and every so often a glass of tea with dinner. That's my scare is how much weight they gain towards the end. Our first daughter was 7 lbs 13 oz, and she was over due. So I did not expect that at my sonogram, at all! She even remeasuered her because I said my first was 7 lbs over due. My husband was almost 10 lbs, but I was only 6. She said it could be from genetics.
    I know... I drink water constantly and maybe a glass of juice on Sunday mornings... (Although currently I am drinking kale juice but that can't be bad right?!)...Last time around I was super healthy and exercised a lot... Other friends eat fast food and grease daily and have 6 pounders ... So much has to do with genetics ... I do hope to go a little early though because pushing out over 9lbs was pretty traumatic!
  • ElRuby said:

mrs1374a said:

ElRuby said:

I know... I drink water constantly and maybe a glass of juice on Sunday mornings... (Although currently I am drinking kale juice but that can't be bad right?!)...Last time around I was super healthy and exercised a lot... Other friends eat fast food and grease daily and have 6 pounders ... So much has to do with genetics ... I do hope to go a little early though because pushing out over 9lbs was pretty traumatic!

I'm just starting to stress about her weight gain. I have another sonogram next Tuesday. So I hope she levels out with her growth. They told me she may.
  • My sister was 10 lb 14 oz at 39 weeks but my mom had an amino at 37 weeks to see if they could take her and her lungs were not mature. Moral of the story is it doesn't matter if they are that big if their lungs are not ready.
  • klkonwi said:

My sister was 10 lb 14 oz at 39 weeks but my mom had an amino at 37 weeks to see if they could take her and her lungs were not mature. Moral of the story is it doesn't matter if they are that big if their lungs are not ready.

I totally agree. I don't want her out before my scheduled c section, which is 39 weeks 5 days. June 17.
  • Well I'm all for 39 weeks period..... :) not a day over! @mrs1374a
  • @klkonwi I would be okay with that too. I just don't want her early.