July 2015 Moms
Options

Yummm (warning not actually yummm... disgusting actually).

I bit into a pistachio last night and ended up with two larvae casings in my mouth, yummmm protein. Uggggghhhhhh I almost lost my dinner on the spot. Just felt like sharing, anyone else eat bugs lately lol?

Re: Yummm (warning not actually yummm... disgusting actually).

• Options
    Worst nightmare. I haven't had that happen to me with a pistachio, but I do have a gross bug experience. When I was a teenager I was eating leftover manacotti that had spinach as an ingredient. For some reason I spit the bite that I was eating out. I didn't taste anything nor did I feel anything out of the ordinary. Looked at my bite and there lays a bug. Something all wrapped up in its own wings like a little mummy. That day sucked.
  • Options
    ughhhh I just shuttered. My gag reflex has been super heightened through pregnancy so all of this stuff brings me within an inch of throwing up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    beeishbeeish member
    edited April 2015
    That's horrible!!
  • Options
    It was a long time ago, but after taking a sip of the coffee that I had purchased at a gas station, I felt something small and squishy in my mouth. I then stuck my tongue out and removed what I thought may have just been a chunk of creamer that hadn't dissolved. Nope. A maggot.
  • Options
    @JLynnG86 that would have been a life changer for me.
  • Options
    @JLynnG86 I could never drink coffee from there again . Omfg ~O)
  • Options
    @JynnG86 What did you do? I would have thrown up on the spot and been off of coffee for a very long time.

• Options
    Gross!!! lol
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015

• Options
    Well as the only girl out of five kids, I am oddly calm about things that would gross out most people haha....Guess I was meant to be a mom! But I have refused to drink gas station coffee ever since!
  • Options
    Insects are a great source of protein. I like dried meal worms with a little bit of chili powder, very crunchy and healthy too!