Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Scooters

hi everyone!

My lo will be 2 in June. He keeps seeing kids on scooters at the park and tells me he wants one. Have any of your kids started on scooters at this age? Any advice on which one to get if so?

Thanks!

Re: Scooters

• What about a tricycle? They have ones that have wrap around "arms" to keep ur child in place and ensure he doesn't fall off and allows u to push it until he can maneuver the pedals. The age on those start at 18m.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our son - 20 months - has one. It "grows" with him. Right now it's kind of like a tricycle without pedals. It has an adjustable seat that he sits on and scoots around that way. The seat goes up or down depending on your child's height. When he's old enough, we can make it a "real" scooter. He loves it. It's called "Y Glider 3 in 1" from Y-Volution.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 got a scooter for her 4th birthday, but our 2 y/o DS rides it just as much as she does. It took him 2 tries to get the coordination down pat.
  • OMG I totally need a scooter now for DD ;)
  • We got my older son a scooter when he was 3, the brand is micro mini. I absolutely LOVE it! He's almost 6 and still uses it. It has held up extremely well. My younger son will be 2 in a couple weeks and he loves pushing it around. I'm actually thinking about getting him one for his second birthday because he loves it so much.
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Thanks everyone!!!