Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Aflac? What do you know?

mcmurray33mcmurray33 member
edited April 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I work from home on straight commission.  My DH has a wonderful position that provides us medical insurance.  Basically, I won't have any paid maternity leave, that I know of.  If you have or know anything about Aflac, I would love to hear it!  I'm game for any benefit, so please tell me!  Below are my questions:

Does it cover medical bills (after insurance)? 
Do you get money while on maternity leave? 
How much does it cost? 
Is the cost based on how much you make or what you choose in coverage?  Both?

I want all of the details! 

Also, I live in Texas, I'm all about helping out a fellow Texan.  If you have a suggestion on who to call please PM me!  Thanks ladies!
Me: 33 DH: 36
Married: June 2013
BFP- Nov 2015

Re: Aflac? What do you know?

• Options
    ecmbecmb member
    As far as I understand it it's almost like a cash benefit insurance plan. For instance, your coverage could include a $500 payment per day of in-patient hospital stay, or $100 payment due to burn injury, etc. It's almost like a supplement to regular insurance to help bridge the gap between lost wages, copays, co insurance costs etc.

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    I had aflac through work, then I changed job and kept it OOP. I was awesome on Mat leave and for medical leave (surgery).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The details will vary based on your coverage but they typically just pay out a dollar amount based on your claim. Maternity is covered provided you are not pregnant when you first sign up. There is a time frame they will outline about your delivery date being X months after the start of your coverage to qualify. (I don't know if they have anything written in about premature births but they should be able top answer those kinds of questions)
  • Options
    My best friend bought an Aflac disability policy a month before convincing. She paid $10/month and upon delivery, they gave her around $2,000 cash zero questions asked.

• Options
    Thanks! I appreciate all of your help! I will definately check if out!
    Me: 33 DH: 36
    Married: June 2013
    BFP- Nov 2015