April 2014 Moms

How long have you been around?

mallyandryanmallyandryan member
edited April 2015 in April 2014 Moms
I am really curious to see how many of us are still on the board. I started early on in my pregnancy, but wasn't active a few months after my son was born because the app wouldn't work on my phone and I never have time for the computer. I got a new phone few months ago so here I am. How long have you been here?

How long have you been around? 69 votes

Going strong since the beginning
50% 35 votes
Late to the game
13% 9 votes
Left and came back
8% 6 votes
Lurker
27% 19 votes
SS
0% 0 votes

Re: How long have you been around?

• I joined when Dd was about 2.5 months (when I went back to work and bored in the pumping room)
  • I said late to the game because I didn't start posting until a few months ago. But I joined the Board right after I got my BFP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Right after my BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ^^me too.

Any other PGALers still hanging around these parts?
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Part of TB for probably about 5 years, since trying for my first and having fertility issues. Was part of Jan. '12 board but mostly just lurked. I have been around A '14 since the very beginning and posted a bit in the beginning but turned into mostly a lurker when all the drama and snarkiness really kicked in. I have been much more active in the past few months since the mass exodus. I miss many of the old regulars, but this has forced me out of lurkdom!  
  • Hi all. I was active when I got my BFP last August and posted a few times but I couldn't keep up with everything day-to-day. And I agree there was some drama and snarkiness. After my daughter was born, I lurked while I breastfed but the app sucked on my phone. Also, I felt like because I hadn't participated much during my pregnancy, I couldn't rejoin the conversation. I started to participate in other groups for a while. I'm mostly a lurker but have had the itch to participate again.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• I've never been a big poster, but I've been here since the beginning. I got my first account on theknot in '05 while planning my wedding but changed my sn after having #1. There weren't birth month boards back then in the ollllld days. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Smores730 I was part of the knot and the nest too...never posted much on either of them but yeah I remember the only "baby boards" were like TTC and babies on the brain to begin with and certainly no The Bump! We have come so far, lol!

• I voted lurker because I have been here since the beginning but I only posted a handful of times. I'm glad I came out, you guys are so helpful!!!!!
  • I discovered the Bump in January 2014, but I lurked until I got the courage to start posting in September. I wish I had joined in sooner!
  • I knew about the bump, but I didn't know about the month clubs until December 2014! I am kinda mad I missed so much and there were a lot of times I could have used the support. But I am so glad I have you all now!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I'm not active here anymore, but i was since my bfp on this board, and since my bfp with my older kiddo. So, since October 2010.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• ScotchAggie I lurked for a long time very rarely posting for those same reasons! 
  • I was here shortly after my bfp. I posted quite a bit but was not "in" the crowd. After everyone left I stopped posting because it took me almost a year to get everyone straight and then bam it was a whole new group.
  • I've been around since the beginning of my pregnancy. Only posted a couple times. I have just always been shy and worried that I might be judged. Plus DD2 was originally due on April 27th but didn't come till May 2nd. So I switched to the may board but they didn't seem as friendly so I came back and have been kind of lurking ever since. X_X :-h
  • @TiffB93 you should join in! We'd love to have you :)
  • Agreed! Jump on in folks! The more the merrier!
  • I was a lurker for a long time too, and I must say, it's more fun to post! Come play @TiffB93!!
  • I'll definitely try to post a lot more. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to. I only ever talk to DD1 and DD2 and DH. I don't get out. Except for church and grocery shopping. Lol
  • I probably should have put ss. I was here from the time I realized I was pregnant but I didn't usually do a lot of posting just reading and Love It's, then I faded a little when I go busy with school and work cause using the mobile app isn't as nice as the computer ( which is part of the reason I hardly post, it's a pain typing out these messages on here) but have tried to get better and coming on here more again whenever I have free time.
  • I came straight here from the TTC board when I got my BFP. I lurked daily and posted pretty often but I don't think I was particularly well known.

Apparently there was some drama and a bunch of people left and it seemed quiet and I got busy.

I just logged in for the first time in months!

• ksulliksulli member
    edited April 2015
    Hi @nicole mackenzie! I remember you.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • @nicole mackenzie I remember you too! You are a vet tech, right?
  • I'm going to vote vet tech with great goat stories.
  • Yes vet tech with goats :)

I have three new little baby kids that were born at the end of march.

• Yes vet tech with goats :)

I have three new little baby kids that were born at the end of march.

Those are baby goats right? You didn't have triplet children, right??