March 2015 Moms

No milk :(

I've been trying so hard to breastfeed my LO but she's just not having it.. My milk supply is so low im lucky to get an ounce when I pump.. I don't want to give up and just let my milk supply completely run out but idk what else to do. I've increased my water intake and I pump whenever she eats even if it's formula. I'm so sad and im just having a hard time accepting that maybe it's time to just let it go :/ anyone had this issue? Or is going through the same thing??

Re: No milk :(

• nicolerae90nicolerae90 member
    edited April 2015
    Babies drain you better than a pump. If your baby is voiding 6-8 times a day and gaining weight...your supply is fine. Never determine your supply from a pump. You can always try fenugreek or mommys milk tea. :)
  • I agree with PP. Also, breastfeeding through the night. A lot of mommies I know experienced a drop in supply or never made enough milk because they refused to do night feedings.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the exact same problem! I've been drinking mothers milk tea. You can get it from a gnc or health food stores. It will take a couple days, but also pump every 3 hours until you get your supply up.

Good luck!
  • I have a history of low supply with my first. This second time around I'm working hard to get going right away and not let my supply get low. Some things in doing are

Energy bites or booby bites that have Brewers yeast and oatmeal (these seem to be helping a lot!)

Mothers milk supplements (fenugreek)

Drinking a ridiculous amount of water

Eating a ton of calories (I have a low BMI and high metabolism)

And avoiding stress.

Avoiding stress is a big thing. Stress reduces breast milk production and with my first I was having troubles in my marriage and it was very stressful.

So those are some ideas to help!

Some other things are even if you plan on doing formula, put baby to the breast to try nursing first. Even if you know you don't have anything. Don't give up night time feedings. Even if you don't have milk, try!
  • Was your baby losing too much weight?  With my first I had to supplement with formula because my milk took a while to come in.  Unfortunately, while there is nothing wrong with formula, supplementing makes your supply drop.  When you pump you won't get much (like a PP said).  I just want to back up what others have said and keep putting your baby to the breast.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic