April 2014 Moms

daycare illnesses

Hi all,

I guess I was just hoping to commiserate with some other moms who have babes in daycare. Both my babe and I have been almost constantly sick since she started daycare last July. We went to through a good spell during December and January (weird, right?) but in the last month or two she's had a stomach bug, conjunctivitis twice and a chest cold.

For her first birthday party, which I spent weeks planning, I came down with a violent stomach flu that put me to bed in the middle of the party with my house full of people. Now, I have conjunctivitis too.

Can't seem to get a break. I wash my hands a zillion times a day, to the point that my skin is dry and cracked. Before having a babe, I rarely got sick.

Anyone else want to bitch about illness? Come complain to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

Re: daycare illnesses

• Yes! I have had a cold pretty much all winter- and now I have allergies; just can't catch a break!
    Dd also had a stomach bug last weekend which I caught and was sick yesterday when I had a ton to do!
    We just changed daycares to a smaller place- hoping that helps!
  • LO just started at daycare mid-April. He did great the first week, and then came down with a crazy high fever and ear infection, and had to miss his whole second week of daycare. I had never seen him so sick :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Same boat.  It's been a passing party between me, DH, and LO.  Conjunctivitis, a series of ear infections, colds, flus, strep throat type illnesses, stomach bugs... You name it, we can't go a week without one of us having it.  I'm so tired of being sick.  I'll be so thankful for summer break.
  • You guys are scaring me away from daycare! My friend calls it "sick boot camp". We have thought about doing one day a week so DD gets social interaction with other children

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Ours just turned in to super boot camp.  No more bottles, no more heating up milk, and get this, no more CRIBS.  Yep, the LOs have to sleep on cots that are essentially the Kuranda PVC pipe and mesh beds that dogs in shelters sleep on. 

Yep.  So happy for his 'move up' date of Monday.....
  • Same boat. Our family got the flu 3 times this winter! Right now LO has such a faucet for a nose that it not only is crusted shut (sorry it's nasty) multiple times a day but it also has caused irritation of the skin. I felt so terrible the other night when I cleaned it off and it bled :(

I am always told that it is bad in the beginning but helps build up their immunities later. Crossing my fingers for this one to be true
  • I'm so glad I'm not alone! I feel like crap but my babe is on the mend. I can't afford to take many days off of work. I want to get promoted this year! I just hide in my office and communicate by email and phone. I'm starting to get a higher fever now so I may not have a choice tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• smushi said:

Ours just turned in to super boot camp.  No more bottles, no more heating up milk, and get this, no more CRIBS.  Yep, the LOs have to sleep on cots that are essentially the Kuranda PVC pipe and mesh beds that dogs in shelters sleep on. 

Yep.  So happy for his 'move up' date of Monday.....
    No cribs!?! I've seen those cots, my LO wouldn't be sleeping, he'd be having a party crawling everywhere! His centre provides cribs until 18 months. Let us know how that goes!
  • Apparently he was so zonked @talltrees82 that he slept for almost 2 hours on it.  I told them to keep a pad under him, because he'd be the first to roll off.  Kid is a sleeping wiggly worm.  Oh well.  Thankfully it's only a month.  Then I'm off for summer school hooray!