March 2015 Moms
Options

Exercising again

I'm curious to know what everyone is doing to get back into shape again, including when you started exercising. I've never been much for exercise but am looking forward to having a figure again ( chocolate chip cookies were my true weakness during pregnancy!). At 4 weeks postpartum, I've so far only been going for short walks and dancing with baby and was planning to wait for my 6 wk checkup before starting any more rigorous cardio or abs... What has everyone else done?

Re: Exercising again

• Options
    I was given the all-clear from my doctor to get exercising from 3 weeks - the exercise I was doing whilst I was pregnant, so running, swimming, yoga and basic body-strength work such as squats, TRX etc. I'm waiting for my 6 week check to go back to my PT and some of my classes as they're very high-intensity. I'm also not targeting my abs specifically until then, either.
  • Options
    The only exercising I did while pregnant was chasing after my 3 year old and walking at my part time job. I've just hopped back on the treadmill last week and am considering Jillian michaels 30 day shred as I feel so flabby! My LO is 6 weeks old and doesn't like to be in the carrier so going on walks is more challenging (with the stroller envy my 3 yr old has) so I'm excited to be finding pockets of time to work out at home before I have to go back to work in less than 6 short weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @EricandKaren try Kayla Itsines BBG if you feel up to it - it's a 30 min workout you buy online, it's $70 AUS not sure in US. Apparently it's amazing.
  • Options
    I was just walking until I got the all clear at my 6 week check up. Now I'm running and doing weights and strength training, including abs. I'm super out of shape, but it feels great and the weight is coming off quickly. I think you just have to listen to your body and break back in gently.
  • Options
    Just walking as well prior to my 6 week appointment. Now I'm back doing ab work, biking and racquetball (these two on weekends) During the day if I have time(LO isn't sleeping for more than 15 minute pockets of time atm) then I do the low impact option on T25 until I feel back to normal and not so out of shape :)
  • Options
    Just walking prior to my 6 week appt. Was just given the go ahead so I went back to yoga, Pilates, weight training and I'm taking a baby barre class. I was told not to overdo it because it can drastically decrease your milk supply.