March 2015 Moms
Options

Spitting up

My 8 week old was spitting up pretty often so we took him to the doctor. Turns out it was my diet causing it so I had to eliminate dairy, and caffeine/chocolate. I am eating very bland foods (obviously nothing yummy) lol but now he has been spitting up again for a couple days every time he eats. I am not sure what the next step is. Should I call doctor again? Should we look into supplementing with formula? Any advice is appreciated :)

Re: Spitting up

• Options
    The best advice one of my nurses gave me while I was in the hospital was to always use my gut if to me something doesn't feel right I call better safe than sorry just look you called the first time and you was right something was causing it so maybe this time there something causing it.#goodluck
  • Options
    Sometimes babies are "happy spitters" and nothing is wrong (as long as they are happy and don't seem upset but the spitting up) , they just spit up a lot. I had a friend who's baby would be just sitting there smiling and would just spit up randomly and never even seemed to notice. Eventually he grew out of it. Nothing was wrong, he just was still developing