October 2015 Moms

I miss wine :(

I wasn't much of a drinker but I sure did love my wine ! Ugh I miss it. I wish there was alcohol free wine lol oh wait there is...they are called grapes lol. Maybe if I suck on a few I can trick my brain

Re: I miss wine :(

• @csy2947 my beautiful wineglass only sees juice these days. I feel fancy but I really miss wine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol mines are tucked away in the very back . I guess I should bring them out.
  • You and me both lol.
  • There are several brands that make alcohol-free wine, just FYI. I think one is "Fre" wine and they have different options for you to try! They didn't do anything for me when I was pregnant with DD, so I stuck to lemonade or water, but if you miss it, it might be worth trying. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also started drinking juice from a wine glass to fool myself that I was having a delicious glass of wine after a stressful day at work.
  • Sparkling grape juice is so good....but not as good as wine!
  • rue:Drue:D member
    Oh man, I do too! Can't wait until these kids are out! :)
  • I've tried an alcohol free Chardonnay from total wine. I can't remember the brand. It tasted like someone left a bottle of wine out unopened for days. Not a fan. 
  • Yay !!! I didn't know there was. I'm going to have to google this.
  • I was accostomed to having a glass of wine after dinner almost every night. I stopped as soon as I knew I was pregnant. Until recently I still craved it. I've gotten over the craving but still miss it. Oh wine my beloved wine :(
  • My doctor is fine with me having 1/2 a glass a few times a week later in the 2nd trimester. I did with dinner during my first 2 pregnancies and I will with this one as well.
  • As crazy as it sounds not being able to drink wine is the hardest thing for me. I really could use a glass on the stressful days! It is insane.

FTM
    Baby EDD: 10/26/2015
  • I tried the Fre brand wines. They are like NA beers (less than 0.5% alcohol content). The reds tasted awful to me (I pretty much only drank dry red wines before, and these are NOT a substitute!!). 

The white tasted better to me. I think I tried the Fre Chardonnay. I've heard the Fre Champagne is great for a mimosa but I haven't tried it yet :)
  • I missed it too! My DH found this N/A wine that is much better than the Fre ones! It does the trick for me!
    You have to order it online and have it shipped to you but well worth it in my opinion!
    image.jpg 1023.2K
  • My job is to taste and market wine at free in-home wine tastings. Needless to say it's been quite depressing when I'm at a wine tasting marketing our delicious wines to the guests and all I can do I smell the bottle as it gets passed around :( And the worst part is we just got in 2 new wines and I can't do my "market research" of tasting a bottle, or three.
  • My doctor is fine with me having 1/2 a glass a few times a week later in the 2nd trimester. I did with dinner during my first 2 pregnancies and I will with this one as well.

My doctor has also told me it's ok to have a glass now and then, but I'm being super cautious and avoiding alcohol all together. My husband didn't even want to let me eat beer battered fish the other night (it took a long time to convince him that the alcohol would be cooked off long before I ate it). Needless to say, if he saw me with a glass of wine, I'm pretty sure he'd have a heart attack.
  • I was still nursing my son when I got pregnant, so I didn't drink nearly enough wine as I wanted to due to his affinity for night nursing. Now I wish I had more of a break so I could have enjoyed wine before getting pregnant again! I drool over the wine section at the grocery store now. :(
  • I tried a non alcoholic wine once. It was MADD brand or something. It was awful...super gross.

My doctor has also told me it's ok to have a glass now and then, but I'm being super cautious and avoiding alcohol all together. My husband didn't even want to let me eat beer battered fish the other night (it took a long time to convince him that the alcohol would be cooked off long before I ate it). Needless to say, if he saw me with a glass of wine, I'm pretty sure he'd have a heart attack.
    I guess I'm fortunate in that my H trusts me to make good decisions about my health and the health of my children. He would never second guess me or tell me I couldn't eat something.
  • I miss wine too! But I think it's because I'm not allowed to drink it lol because I didn't drink it often before
  • UGH I miss wine so horribly much right now.  And all my friends are having schwanky 30th birthday parties this summer.  I know it's all for my baby but damn after this week at work, I really could use a glass or two...or three.  LOL
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My husband and i are leaving for our honeymoon next week and i am so depressed that i wont be able to have my glass of champagne or wine at dinner
  • So glad I'm not the only one doing the grape juice in a wine glass thing.... Was feeling like a bit of a nut!
  • I really need to try it. I had a half a glass when I was in my 3rd trimester with my daughter. She seems fine with me lol
  • I think I say this everyday!!! I miss my wine!!!
  • I've had a couple glasses since I found out I was pregnant. It was good, but definitely not a habit ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimageimage BabyFruit Ticker
  • numbr2numbr2 member
    edited April 2015
    I too drink my juice out of my wine glass lol. While pregnant with my daughter After I was about 20 weeks along I would have one small glass of red wine after dinner with my husband about every other week on. A Friday or Saturday evening .by small I mean like exactly 1/2 a cup measured and on a full stomach and sipped it slowly.. There were a couple times it was to calm my nerves and nothing more. Doctor said no problem.