Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Headaches

I am 8 days post mc. I have had a headache for the past 40 hrs or so. Can't get rid of it. I'm thinking it's there changing hormones. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Re: Headaches

• Same here, really bad ones at times too. I take Tylenol and use peppermint oil on my temples. When I can I'll have a peppermint tea, maybe it's just me but I swear by it.
    BFP 03/02/15 // EDD 11/11/15 // MC 04/15/15
    If your a bird, I'm a bird.
  • They are awful. I have a history of migraines, so I can definitely relate to pain that doesn't end for days and days. I would call your doctor. Get some relief. Xo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been combating headaches as well. Mine are oddly on the top of my head. I am on Vicodin to help with the pain from Cytotec, but I took a break from it to take Excedrin in hopes of quelling the headache pain. Seems like the caffeine in it is helping me a bit.

Also - I've found that I carry a lot of stress in my upper back, and some knots in my shoulders/neck have been contributing to the headache pain. My husband helped massage some of them out this morning, and it seemed to alleviate the headache quite a bit.

Stress can really wreak havoc on our bodies, and in times when things are going so physically wrong, we don't think about the detriment of psychological stress.
  • The same here, 8 days post mc also. Mine is the top of my head and my forehead. I've been taking ibuprofen, but it doesn't seem to help. Maybe try getting a massage, the built up tension might be contributing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Pregnancy20ticker
    Beautiful Daughter 11/08/2002
    Miscarriage 04/21/2015
    Rainbow Sugar Baby due 04/22/2016, C Section Scheduled for 04/08/2016
  • @nayloves99 - Evidently headaches in the location we have them can be caused by tension in the neck as well. (Trying to think of everything... haha)