July 2015 Moms

Hospital Bag

Hi! Was just wondering as you get closer to the day, what are the things that you should bring for the baby and for yourself as well? First time mommy here so i'm a little curious what it is to pack for the "day" :)

Re: Hospital Bag

• There have been multiple posts on this if you search it
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• mers90mers90 member
    edited April 2015
    https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2012/5/21/hospital-bag-what-to-pack.html

Check this list, I would just add another Outfit for the baby, just in case and different sizes, not all NB fit into NB clothes. You can search for different lists on the Internet and make your own, choosing what you'll need ... Don't forget About your husband, I did the first time and he had to sleep in his clothes
  • Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Less is more, don't take your whole house! You'll want something loose for you, especially if you wind up with a c-section. Some people like to wear their own clothes during the stay but I just wore the gown and it was easier for the nurses to do checks on me. Bring small toiletry items like shampoo and body wash for a shower. Clothes for husband and chargers for all devices you may use.

For baby, a few simple onesies in multiple sizes as mentioned. The hospital will have lots of diapers and blankets and anything else baby may need.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I'm a STM , and can't rmbr even what I packed for my first. I blame the pregnancy brain... my shower is May 17th, so I'll pack both after that.
  • I plan on being there for a couple days at least so i want to be comfortable, socks, pillow, blanket, slippers, robe, some clothes that can get dirty, hygiene things (keep it simple, I'm sure you can leave the iron and blow dryer at home) music and light reading. I also packed 2 nursing bras, disposable underwear and pads, nursing pads and nipple cream. For the baby I'm bringing 2 preemie outfits (our baby is measuring small) 2 newborn outfits, nail clippers, hand mitts, blanket and a hat. It really depends on the woman and couple. Some bring a whole bunch of things just in case and some don't bring as much. I'm the type to prepare for everything and I also want to be comfortable, which is why I am bringing a lot of things that I know will make me comfortable and at home. :D
  • Pinterest has TONS of good lists! I read a bunch and then just pick what I want off of each one.
    BabyFetus Ticker