June 2015 Moms

Jewlery-Rings? Still wearing yours?

Let's hear it. Who has had to pry their wedding rings off already?

Mine are getting tight, but I wore them up to 41 w last time, and took them off right before I delivered.

I don't want my fingers to swell so bad I can't get them off this time, but I also don't need snotty looks from old wrinkly ladies. Which I got PP last time after I couldn't get them back on!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Jewlery-Rings? Still wearing yours?

• Loading the player...
  • Still wearing mine.  I'm so thrilled this pregnancy hasn't had the same level of swelling as my last one (knock on wood). Of course, that time I was going through the melting AZ summer, so.....

• I can get both on but it's not comfortable so I'm just wearing my wedding band these days. I would love to skip it altogether but I get enough rude comments from strangers lately and I don't want to give anyone any more reason to ask me invasive or judgy questions.
  • No my rings no longer fit :( In my defense though, my engagement ring is a size 3.75 and the bands are 4 so it was bound to happen haha. But ya swelling/weight gain have been my problem.
  • I am 34w5d and had to stop wearing mine last week. Put my wedding ring on in the morning and couldn't even get it all the way on, but then couldn't get it off! My finger was turning purple and numb. I had to run cold water over my hand until I could get it off!
  • i havent been wearing mine since november not because of swelling but due to my field of work.
  • My rings fit but I took them all off just in case!
    I love them so much but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    ♥  ♥  Mommy-To-Be to Baby #1 ♥  ♥ 
  • Still wearing mine. My wedding ring will sometimes be tight if I have been especially active that day, but my thumb ring remains fairly loose. When I swell it happens in my feet, most especially my ankles
  • I took my engagement ring off, it's super nice and I would hate to have something go wrong. Still wearing my wedding band though it's really thin so it works great, and it was only a few hundred dollars and can easily get a style similar if needed.
  • I switched to fake rings in a larger size about a month ago.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Still wearing mine, sometimes the thumb ring feels a little tight but if I feel like I'm swelling I take them off. My engagement ring was never sized so if nothing else I can wear that, can't say the same for my wedding band...but I already get the side eye for having a somewhat radical look.
  • Still wearing my wedding rings, last time I couldn't wear them after 30 weeks. I do take them off at night because they get snug.
  • Still wearing mine, but it is tight. As soon as I get home from work I take it off til morning.
  • Mine still fit but I am having some swelling starting. I love my rings too much to lose them so since I live in a small town in the Bible belt I opted for a $8 wal-mart special (which I've gotten numerous compliments on....)
  • I'm with @KonaCoffeeBean I switched to a fake. It even looks like my wedding band!
  • I'm 31 weeks and my rings are just getting to be tight....prob will not be wearing my wedding band in the near future LOL
  • I'm 33 weeks and had to take mine off today.

:-(

I've been testing them from time to time, and last week they were fine. Super tight today, so they had to come off. Sad, sad day. I need to get a fake ring now.
  • Have to take mine off every night. My fingers swell so bad when I'm sleeping. Usually don't have any problem putting them back on in the morning so far. Still have 8 weeks left so we shall see if that changes.
  • I'm still wearing mine, but they were a little loose since I lost 30 lbs before getting pregnant. I used to never take them off but I have been taking them off at bedtime and putting them back on before I leave the house. I'm hoping that I don't have to go without them for the same reason as PPs not wanting judgment from strangers. DH can't wear his at work so he doesn't have the habit of wearing it, plus he's also gained more weight and swollen more than me so his is kinda snug. I always get annoyed when he doesn't wear it to myappointments
  • I had to stop wearing mine in the 2nd trimester :( my hands and arms swelled fast! I've gotten some dirty looks but thank goodness no rude comments. I hate not wearing my wedding rings! :(
  • I can wear mine but I only wear the wedding band right now. My engagement band is thick and I have stubby fingers anyway so it's too much with even a little swelling. Sometimes I add a thin plain band and friends question why I'm doing that. Lol!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had to have mine cut off last Wednesday. I was devastated and I still am. I have to buy some fakes to wear because I'm sick of strangers seeing my belly and checking out my hand only to see I don't have a ring!
  • I'm still wearing mine. We'll see how long they fit.
  • Still wearing mine, but I've been noticing it's getting tighter. :(
    Last pregnancy, I couldn't even wear it until a month+ after birth.
  • I had mine resized this last summer from my "marriage" weight gain :) so I'm lucky for that and can still wear it... I think lucky is the term?! Hmmm....
  • I can still wear it.. . anyone have skinny fingers like me ? I wear a 4 on my ring finger.
  • I can still wear it.. . anyone have skinny fingers like me ? I wear a 4 on my ring finger.

Ordinarily, yes. My size 4 rings are very comfortable. These days, I'm in fake size 6 rings, hoping that will get me to the end. Shoes seem like they will be the next thing to go.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Mine still fit at 34 weeks! I take mine off when I sleep and I've stopped wearing mine as much when I'm at home for fear of this happening.
  • So all this talk about having to get rings cut off made me paranoid and I decided to give my fingers a little break from mine. Engagement ring and birthstone ring came off no problem.... wedding band is stuck. I tried lotion and vegetable oil, no luck. When I got married my priest said that stress can make your fingers swell so I'm going to give myself about an hour to try to relax and not think about it and then try again. But I'm super worried now!
  • I can still wear my bridal set but nothing on my right hand. So thankful for this because I'm 24 but look about 16.

The good news is I have my mom's rings in a slightly larger size if mine do cease to fit and I still want to wear a real set. I wore hers a lot with a rubber sizer when mine were in the shop for repairs. My husband is 25 and looks even older with facial hair so we got a lot of weird looks going out places or even visiting some other churches (we're youth leaders....).
  • So all this talk about having to get rings cut off made me paranoid and I decided to give my fingers a little break from mine. Engagement ring and birthstone ring came off no problem.... wedding band is stuck. I tried lotion and vegetable oil, no luck. When I got married my priest said that stress can make your fingers swell so I'm going to give myself about an hour to try to relax and not think about it and then try again. But I'm super worried now!

Check YouTube for the video on using thread or gauze tape to remove stuck rings. Some ER doctor found a way to do it that apparently works really well even on really swollen fingers
  • mellymar said:

So all this talk about having to get rings cut off made me paranoid and I decided to give my fingers a little break from mine. Engagement ring and birthstone ring came off no problem.... wedding band is stuck. I tried lotion and vegetable oil, no luck. When I got married my priest said that stress can make your fingers swell so I'm going to give myself about an hour to try to relax and not think about it and then try again. But I'm super worried now!

Check YouTube for the video on using thread or gauze tape to remove stuck rings. Some ER doctor found a way to do it that apparently works really well even on really swollen fingers
    Thank you so much for the recommendation! Will definitely try this!
  • Mine are still on and are actually a little big...I had them sized when we got married but because of the style of the band on my engagement ring it's always been a half size too big so if I swell a little bit it should still fit.  Like @mellymar when I swell it's mostly in my feet, at least it was last time so hoping that all the water I'm chugging will keep the swelling down!
  • I heard Windex somewhere?

I put globs and globs of lotion on mine yesterday -- GLOBS! And twisted them off that way. It hurt like a ***** but it worked.

Then I took them to be cleaned of the crazy lotion, haha!