December 2015 Moms
Options

Early ultrasound or miscarriage?**good news update**

misslissa32misslissa32 member
edited May 2015 in December 2015 Moms
I am 7 weeks today according to LMP but I have a long cycle and I know I ovulate late. Went to dr today and no heartbeat, baby measured 5wk 6days. Either I ovulated really late or I had an early miscarriage. Going back in a week to check things out again. So frustrating not knowing. I feel like now I just have to wait to see if I start bleeding. Anyone else go through this? Thanks

Re: Early ultrasound or miscarriage?**good news update**

• Options
    At least they are doing another one for you. I'm going through the same thing had the ultrasound last week but the refuse to do another one until my appointment the 14th. That's over 3 weeks between and me being scared and worried for another 2 weeks
  • Options
    I was 6w1d by LMP when I went in for my first ultrasound. There was only a sac measuring 5w0d, no fetal pole or even a yolk sac. I was sure I was going to miscarry. However, five days later, I went in for another ultrasound, and there was a baby measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat. I had another ultrasound yesterday and the baby was measuring right on track at 8w0d.

Is it possible that you had an early miscarriage? Yes, of course. However, I would try not to worry just yet. It's very possible you just ovulated later than you thought and the baby will have a heartbeat at the next ultrasound.

Easier said than done, I know. I hope your next ultrasound brings you some peace of mind.
     image image
    10/10/2010
    TTC Since May 2011
    DX: Subclinical Hypothyroidism
    BFP #1: 11/21/2011. EDD: 8/4/2012. Missed M/C & D&C at 11w6d: 1/20/2012.
    BFP #2: 5/24/2012. EDD: 2/2/2013. Natural M/C at 6w0d: 6/9/2012.
    BFP #3: 12/6/2012. EDD: 8/19/2013. Missed M/C at 9w0d: 1/14/2013.
    BFP #4: 4/20/2013. EDD: 1/1/2014. Born at 36w3d: 12/7/2013
    BFP #5: 3/25/2015: EDD: 12/8/2015.
    Lilypie - (IDGc)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was suppose to be 6 weeks 5 days when I had the ultrasound done. It doesn't make sense I'm going to go crazy not knowing if everything is ok. And the possibility of twins and something being wrong scares me so much
  • Options
    Yes I was 6 weeks and had a scan...they saw an empty uterus. At 7w6d we saw a baby. Today saw 9w1d baby. All is well. Hang in there. *hugs*
  • Options
    The best that I could do was to guess where I wise based on what fertility friend was indicating to me. I know I ovulated late, but according to my dates I should've been at least six weeks during my first ultrasound. The baby was measuring 5w5d and there was a gestational sack and yolk sac but no fetal pole or heartbeat. We are going back on Monday which according to their calculations will be 7w2days.

I was also very worried and I'm hoping to hear a heartbeat. Obviously there is no way to know what is going on right now for you, but at this point you are pregnant and from what I hear from the other women on this board, to not see a fetal pole before six weeks is very normal. It would be very unexpected to see heartbeat at that time.

Also, even if you know when you ovulated, you may have implanted later so fingers crossed everything will go great for you! Please keep us updated!?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies so much for your input and support! Good to not feel alone although I'm sorry others are going through this! Will definitely keep you updated and hope everyone else gives updates too! :x
  • Options
    @misslissa32 that's wonderful news, yay! :)
  • Options
    chiboo9chiboo9 member

Hi I just wanted to update bc it seems many are going through something similar. Went for my follow up today and measured 7 wk 2 days with a heartbeat! Turns out I did ovulate later than I thought, and just saw the dr too early. Wanted to share a positive outcome for others to see, waiting is brutal but it can turn out ok!!! :)

Glad to hear that!
  • Options

Great news!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nik6499nik6499 member
    That's great!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    @misslissa32 Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! Now you can enjoy the moment and take a deeper breath... Woo hoo! Xoxo
  • Options
    Love this! Congrats!
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member
    that's so great, congrats! and thanks for letting us know!
  • Options
    AmyM117AmyM117 member
    Worrying is the harrrrrdest part for me. I am so happy for you :)
  • Options
    I'm in same situation and I go back tomorrow for my follow up I'm hoping my outcome is the same as yours.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wonderful news!
  • Options
    That's wonderful!!