June 2015 Moms

anyone feeling anti social?

Im a FTM and I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling very anti social? I find myself hiding from my neighbors or driving around the block a few times if I see them outside. My gfs are all trying to make plans and invite me places and I'm so tired And have no interest in going. My one gf keeps asking me to go wedding dress shopping with her, out for lunch, blah blah blah- she's driving me insane!!! dude I'm 34 weeks pregnant with twins- I'm ready to die, I just wanna chill on my couch and drink smoothies.

How can I tell people to leave me alone without seeming like a total buzz kill? Does anyone else feel this way or am I just being a bitch?

Re: anyone feeling anti social?

• I totally do! We are going to a 30th birthday party of one of my best friends on Friday and I am already dreading it. I just feel fat, uncomfortable, and would rather be in sweats!
  • For better or worse, I feel the same. When I have company, I just get tired and want them to leave. I definitely do NOT want to go out shopping with friends; shopping on my own is rough enough these days. Like you, I'm tired and would prefer chilling out on my couch over socializing. This is especially true given the long work day where I have to be 'performing' in front of others all day. No thanks.

My only advice is to acknowledge to your friends that you just aren't feeling up for it, that you're too tired and lame...apologize, say you'll get back to them with hang-out time once you're feeling human again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • KarasTwin said:

Yes! I haven't even called anyone to tell them I went to the hospital this morning. I'm annoyed when people text to check on me. I feel like such a b*$!&. I don't want to talk to anyone but DH and to post on here. I'm looking forward to my shower this weekend and hoping I can get a little more social by then. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Hahaha ya don't EVER text me and ask me how I'm feeling or if I need anything hahahahaha I saw my shower as a chance to see all the people I've been avoiding in one place and get it over with. I'm usually very social- I don't know what's wrong with me

I don't mind being checked on, but my family is close to 2 hours away and can't do anything. MIL would have tried to come to the hospital and told the whole family. I knew I wouldn't be able to rest for people checking on me so I just figured I'd take the opportunity to rest while everyone was at work. I did just text my mom and sister and of course got bombarded with questions. I can't really explain what's happening and it makes me feel like a hypochondriac.
  • KarasTwin said:

KarasTwin said:

Yes! I haven't even called anyone to tell them I went to the hospital this morning. I'm annoyed when people text to check on me. I feel like such a b*$!&. I don't want to talk to anyone but DH and to post on here. I'm looking forward to my shower this weekend and hoping I can get a little more social by then. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Hahaha ya don't EVER text me and ask me how I'm feeling or if I need anything hahahahaha I saw my shower as a chance to see all the people I've been avoiding in one place and get it over with. I'm usually very social- I don't know what's wrong with me

I don't mind being checked on, but my family is close to 2 hours away and can't do anything. MIL would have tried to come to the hospital and told the whole family. I knew I wouldn't be able to rest for people checking on me so I just figured I'd take the opportunity to rest while everyone was at work. I did just text my mom and sister and of course got bombarded with questions. I can't really explain what's happening and it makes me feel like a hypochondriac.
    I hope everything is okay!

• You're so not alone. Socializing is exhausting, especially when you are asked a gazillion questions over and over. And with twins... I can't even imagine! I agree with just letting your girls know how you're feeling, bc it's totally understandable! Rest up mama!
  • I feel the same! I was thinking ahead to things that will happen before baby comes (if we make it to term) and I am so frightened by it all! For example, DS's birthday, still working until 37 weeks, good friend's birthday out to dinner at least, huge Mother's Day brunch out. In reality, I know it will be fine but right now I just want to be invisible and be alone. :-<
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Since being admitted to the hospital I love my visitors - they break up the monotony. However some of my friends don't get a hint of when to leave. For example, the day of my hospital baby shower I was more active than any other day I have been admitted. And I was bombarded with more people at once than I had seen in 4 weeks. It was amazing but also overwhelming and exhausting. Afterwards I really needed a nap, but one of my friends decided to stay in my room for the next 4 hours chatting. Even said at one point, "you look tired, feel free to nap with me here." Awkward.
  • @mellymar @mindaa

Yep, introvert here as well. Anti-social? That's me everyday, pregnant or not.
  • Same here. I'm a very sociable person at work but really a big introvert in that it drains me. I get anxious with an audience and pressure to perform - one of the many reasons we also wil be asking family to only come to the hospital after baby is born. They aren't going to really understand. They can say "we will stay in the waiting room" all they like but it's the fact that I'll know they are there. So it's just gonna be me and DH. Well plus all the medical people.
  • Ugh I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! Maybe it's because I know my life is going to change so much in a few short weeks, I feel like I need all the alone time I can get.
  • amccoy129 said:

I totally do! We are going to a 30th birthday party of one of my best friends on Friday and I am already dreading it. I just feel fat, uncomfortable, and would rather be in sweats!

Ohh yep! I have a birthday party on Saturday, actually it's a birthday KEG party- I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be ;) the good news is it starts at 5 so hopefully I'll get there just in time for some
    Hot dogs and then I can leave haha

• Since being admitted to the hospital I love my visitors - they break up the monotony. However some of my friends don't get a hint of when to leave. For example, the day of my hospital baby shower I was more active than any other day I have been admitted. And I was bombarded with more people at once than I had seen in 4 weeks. It was amazing but also overwhelming and exhausting. Afterwards I really needed a nap, but one of my friends decided to stay in my room for the next 4 hours chatting. Even said at one point, "you look tired, feel free to nap with me here." Awkward.

lol I can't believe she said that!

• klkonwi said:

I feel the same. Was pretty much forced to go wedding dress shopping and to try on a bridesmaids dress Sunday...... My husband made me feel guilty because my friend that wanted me to go is such a great friend..... Bleh. He was right. It's just hard because you don't want to dress up and or go anywhere! Whale status has officially set in.

Yes this is exactly it except my friend who is pressuring me to go wedding dress shopping isn't getting married for 2 more years!!!!!!! She's just one of those annoying planners

• @Emilywooddesign mine isn't getting married til April 2016. I thought it was early! Geez!
  • Yes. Extremely antisocial. So much so that I don't want to have a baby shower. If I wasn't such a pig I wouldn't go grocery shopping. I am becoming quite the hateful little brat.
  • Totally normal.. I have officially moved my office home and don't want to go anywhere that requires me to wear anything fancier then my leggings and sweatshirt. I just want to be comfortable and even getting dressed for church on Sunday(something I normally enjoy) has become a pain. I rather stay home and relax - everyday!!!!
  • Yes. Extremely antisocial. So much so that I don't want to have a baby shower. If I wasn't such a pig I wouldn't go grocery shopping. I am becoming quite the hateful little brat.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I'm laughing out loud at this
  • Yes, yes, yes! I'm normally pretty anti social. I'm a homebody and I always have been. But the closer we get, the less I want to leave my house. Maybe it's because the thought of having to put on clothes is so irritating. 

• cheriep3 said:

Yes, yes, yes! I'm normally pretty anti social. I'm a homebody and I always have been. But the closer we get, the less I want to leave my house. Maybe it's because the thought of having to put on clothes is so irritating. 

All this. YES
  • Yep ! I'm sick of hearing oh your going to pop! Actually I'm 34 weeks so no hope not yet ! So I hide in my house !
  • bee19831 said:

Yep ! I'm sick of hearing oh your going to pop! Actually I'm 34 weeks so no hope not yet ! So I hide in my house !

I've gotten this a couple times. I don't think people mean anything by it but at the same time I feel like I'm being jinxed with preterm labor
  • Very timely thread ... I thought something was wrong with me! I felt really bad about not wanting some really good friends around and thought I should not "blame" pregnancy but a convo with my sisters plus this thread shows me that I am not depressed nor incredibly selfish! Thank you lovely ladies  :\">

Yes. All of this! Hahahaha
  • Tend to be introverted anyway, but my friends all stopped asking me to do anything but pop in for a quick visit when I was about 24 weeks. I felt kinda bad at first, but I'm the first one in the group to get pregnant and now I'm feeling kinda left out.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. im a first time mom 35 weeks and 3days and just not feeling up to hang out w/ anyone really except my fiancé but even then I don't want to go anywhere, I'd much rather stay home and relax. my cousin's baby shower is next weekend and I'm dreading having to go. just because lately I've been feeling very just uncomfortable and tired! oh so tired. &then when I am out I hate socializing really. people coming up to me saying oh you're about to pop and stuff like that like I get that they are being friendly but I hate repeating myself and every time I go out I same the same thing.
  • aj1327aj1327 member
    mellymar said:

I just wanted to add that with regards to leaving the house for groceries or whatnot, I totally don't give a crap - I'll leave the house in my sweatpants. But then, what feels in my mind at my house like 'screw you random strangers at the grocery store, in don't have to get dressed for you!' Evolves to my mind at the grocery store thinking 'great, now all these people are seeing the stereotypical pregnant lady too lazy to get dressed'

We can't win

I've always gone places like the store pretty grubby (yoga pants, T shirt, no make up). Pre pregnancy I did try to match though. I look ridiculous now at the grocery store! Lol. I just try to get in and get out!
  • yes!!! and I feel really bad about it. I am friends with a bunch of other mums at school and every morning at drop off I find myself trying to avoid them like the plague! I am just so tired and kind of can't be bothered...and Im super sensitive to everything anyone says....have to make an effort though or they'll think I don't like them anymore!