Multiples
Options

Need Tips and Tricks for twins.

Hey ladies!!
So we found out we are having twins!!! Crazy! Because neither of us have twins that run in our family. We are having identical twins due dec 3 this is still a complete shock to us. We would very much so appreciate any advice on how to care for twins vs a single. Also what products could you not live without with your twins? I plan to breastfeed and would like tips and tricks for that with twins any advice at all would be great!

Re: Need Tips and Tricks for twins.

• Options
    Here is our first ultra sound. Also at my first appointment they said my blood platelets were high? What does that mean?
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the twin club! Breastfeeding ended up not working for me (long story, the short version is my milk never fully came in, but I have other health issues that may have caused that), but I did use the My Twin Breastfriend when I did nurse them and it was great! I only have twins, so I'm no help with the single vs. twins advice. 

Products I could not live without:
    • Two Boppy's (nice to lay them on and feed at the same time if you bottle feed them)
    • Carrier. I like the infantino mei tai and the Ergo. The Moby wrap is a good one for wearing them at the same time while they are really little.
    • Handsfree pumping bra (when I was able to pump)
    • Bouncers

***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    4moms Mamaroos, Aden+anais swaddle blankets, bath flower, Nuby medicine bottles
  • Options
    My twins are my first so I have no singleton comparison....as for products I could not live without:
    *my breastfriend nursing pillow
    *hands-free nursing bra
    *boppy (but I didn't use this until they were several months old)
    *a noise machine
    *Graco Glider LX Swing, Peyton
    *Aden+Anais swaddles
    *velcro swaddles were also great
    *we had to use dr. brown bottles b/c they were the only ones that seemed to help reduce gas issues
    *make sure your carseats are rated for 4lbs (just in case they are born early). Not all are and most hospitals will not let you leave unless you have the right ones

One thing I could not live without----HELP FROM OTHER PEOPLE. My mom would come during the week and clean the house, make dinner, etc. This allowed me time to bond and care for my babies while healing (c-section). She would also watch them so I could catch a nap during the day. I cannot tell you how valuable that was!!! (especially since you will have two newborns and another child to look after)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options
    vpinevpine member
    My twins are my first so I have no singleton comparison....as for products I could not live without:

Receiving blankets, car seats for 4 lbs (I wasn't sure if my daughters would be preemies and hospital does car seat testing so 4 lb car seats are a must), bottle sterilizer. Dr Brown bottles didn't work that well with my twins, surprisingly the cheapy $1-2 a bottle have been their favorite and we've had no issues with them.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).