April 2014 Moms
Options

Anniversary gift. Oops!

My 10 year wedding anniversary is in about three weeks, and it just now occurred to me that I should get dh a gift of some sort. He is so hard to shop for!

Any great ideas of thoughtful gifts? Nothing expensive, I'm trying to come up with ideas that are more thoughtful or creative. I could always get him work clothes, but that's not exactly romantic or personal...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anniversary gift. Oops!

• Options
    I've thought of getting DH a personalized keychain. There are some really cute ones on etsy.
  • Options
    I painted & stenciled part of one of the readings from our wedding for DH. About $40 of supplies, and super personal. Still not framed & hung, but one step at a time.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    10 years! Congrats! According to Hallmark, the traditional gift is tin or aluminum, and the modern gift is diamond jewellery... But that's not inexpensive.

What about a scrapbook? You could do one page for each year of your marriage together. Write a few notes about special things you did or how you met. You could leave empty pages to add to it years from now. You don't have to go all out, keep it simple. You can find a lot of cute embellishments at dollar stores.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary! 10 years is awesome!
  • Options

10 years! Congrats! According to Hallmark, the traditional gift is tin or aluminum, and the modern gift is diamond jewellery... But that's not inexpensive.

What about a scrapbook? You could do one page for each year of your marriage together. Write a few notes about special things you did or how you met. You could leave empty pages to add to it years from now. You don't have to go all out, keep it simple. You can find a lot of cute embellishments at dollar stores.

This is cute, love it!
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    edited April 2015
    Congrats on making it 10 years!

Hmmm, well DH and I went on a camping trip in the Finger Lakes Region of NY and did a winery tour for our 9 year anniversary and found out 3 weeks later that I was pregnant with DD lol. Our 10 year was this past summer and we did a weekend trip to the Thousand Islands reconnecting which was also fun and relaxing. 

Edit *sorry I didn't notice the part about it being inexpensive* 
    Do you have anyone that could take LO(s) for a night? Planning a nice romantic dinner in then maybe a walk reminiscing and watch an old movie that you both like. Drink some wine and look at some wedding pictures. Dance to your wedding song in your living room. May sound corny to some people but I love doing goofy things with DH to bring back and create new memories!