January 2016 Moms

Did you KNOW before you tested?

OK, I am usually pretty in tune with my body except when it comes to pregnancy. I guess I get worked up on the wishful thinking.  Anyway, if I am pregnant (which I am trying not to get too excited), my due date would be January 9th. I shouldn't even expect my period till sometime between Friday and next Wednesday. However, I have had severe nausea and vomiting. (I had morning sickness before I tested with DD.) My boobs hurt so bad like when they got engorged and I cry at the simplest things. So, assuming I am right about this, did anyone else KNOW they were pregnant before they tested?

Re: Did you KNOW before you tested?

• Hi, mother of four here.  When I got pregnant with my first I had no idea because I had the same symptoms as pms.  With #2, 3 and 4 I knew it because around implantation time I had non stop cramping.  This one, however, I tested at 9 dpo expecting a bfn since I hadn't had any symptoms and bfp clear as day!    

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• Loading the player...
  • I had no idea and I still don't feel preggo at times. I went into the doctor to check if my hcg levels were back to zero after a chemical and surprisingly there was definitely hcg in my system and two days later they went up so surprise, we are checking with ultrasound today to ensure a new pregnancy :)

• Nope! All of my symptoms were exactly the same as pms. Maybe even less than normal. I couldn't have guessed based off of symptoms. That being said every one is different and so is every pregnancy. Good luck getting your BFP!
  • I have thought I was many times.  We have been trying for 3 months.  The very first month I had a positive and I wondered since my face broke out really bad and I had bad cramps.  Sadly I had a CP.  I was convinced I was last month but nope.  Really, my symptoms are so close to PMS so I can't really tell by symptom spotting.  GL!
  • I had this gut feeling on Saturday that I was pregnant, but I ended up with a BFN. Fast forward to today and AF still hadn't showed up so I tested again...and got a BFP! I really thought I was out this month.  I had NO symptoms at all besides some cramping and being overly tired the past few days.  I figured it was just PMS. 
  • I thought I felt fuzzy brained last Thursday at 8 doo. Went to bed at 7:30 pm bc I was so fatigued so I had my suspicions! But I didn't want to get my hopes up too much since we've been trying for 10 months.
  • Not at all, I thought for sure I was out because I was having my usual PMS symptoms.  I didn't think anything of it till I got my BFP but in hindsight I noticed I was cramping (very lightly, but noticeable) for like 3 days and I usually only cramp half a day before AF.  
    I would still say don't symptom stop it will drive you crazy.  My experience or anyone else's here has nothing to do with how your body works.  If your symptoms are pregnancy related you should be able to turn a test.  Good luck!
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1: April 2015
    BFP: 4/25/15
    EDD: 1/5/16
  • I had my suspicions before I got my BFP yesterday! I've been exhausted, crampy, moody, bloated and strangely sensitive to smells and that's not typical for pms for me. But I was still definitely surprised to see it positive, it's my first pregnancy ever so fingers are crossed!
  • I didn't KNOW. The months before I kept trying to convince myself that I was having symptoms and was always disappointed. So this month, I figured the cramping meant AF was coming. The only difference was that my freakin nipples hurt so bad! That was out of the normal. Also, I had nosebleeds everyday for 3 days straight, which is odd for me. It usually only happens when I am getting over the flu, so I am attributing that to being pregnant. I only found out yesterday morning 14dpo.
  • For babies number 2, 3 and 4 I knew because of the cramping before testing.  With this one I had no idea until I decided to test.  Surprised to see it positive was an understatement.  Just goes to show symptoms can vary with each pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• I know that I should wait till I get the positive test, because I have gotten my hopes up before but I can't help but hope. Plus it would be awesome to test on mother's day and be right.
  • EmXaEmXa member
    I kind of had an inkling, but after reading how so many women convinced themselves they were pregnant without being so I didn't think much into it. I just thought I had really weird cramps in the center instead of the sides. I took a test 11 days past ovulation cycle day 27 and got a BFP!!
  • vorsevorse member
    I knew!!! With my first I didn't, but remembering the constant cramping and sore and veiny boobs from my first, I was so sure when I was having the same symptoms. I made myself wait to test until 12 dpo because last time I tested too early and was so disappointed when it was negative, only to try again 2 days later with a positive! That wait sucks! It's hard not to dote on every single possible symptom.
  • I had been trying for 2 months already and both times I thought I was pregnant but this time my nipples started hurting on Saturday so I knew this was it but this time I didn't want to get my hopes up. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and came out positive but I couldn't believe it but I went to doctors office today and I am pregnant
  • With our first I knew, I had implantation pain and 3 days of progressively lighter spotting, followed by a week of peeing every 10 mins and dozing off at the drop of a hat, and that was before I tested.

This time, I had very little clue. No pain, no cramping, no bleeding, no excessive peeing. What I do have is I'm tired, and my breasts are killing me only slightly more than during PMS. Honestly, the tired could be because I have a 2 year old, so I didn't put much stock in it. The breasts on the other hand are not usually this painful. Every pregnancy is different!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had a feeling since I was nauseous last week but I refused to think I was. Wednesday was 10 dpo and I woke up with a feeling something might going on in there. I took a test in the morning and had the faintess double pink line. I wasn't convinced it was true so I took a digital at night and sure enough I got a positive!!!!
  • adcc43adcc43 member
    We have been trying for 3 months now for baby #3. I tested on a Friday evening bc the day before and day of I was an emotional basket case. I even was in my bosses office crying! This has never happened! I had been testing since Wednesday with all BfN. I tested Friday after work and got a very faint BFP! That had explained a lot as to why I was feeling the way I was!

• A week before my positive result I had taken a test. I knew that it was too early to have a positive result but I had a strong inkling that I was already pregnant. I was having nausea at night when my husband and I were active...as well as tender breasts. The test was negative but a week later I had a doctor appointment and took a test in the morning which ended up being positive. The doctor also confirmed a positive pregnancy result. My husband thinks I am slightly weird because I am so in tune with my body. Once the egg was fertilized I could feel it moving through my fallopian tubes and attaching to my uterine wall. It was a very strange feeling as this is my first pregnancy. There was the slightest cramping.
  • tuitwotuitwo member
    I had no idea before I tested. I almost threw the test away, too, but looked a little closer and saw a faint line!
  • A week before my positive result I had taken a test. I knew that it was too early to have a positive result but I had a strong inkling that I was already pregnant. I was having nausea at night when my husband and I were active...as well as tender breasts. The test was negative but a week later I had a doctor appointment and took a test in the morning which ended up being positive. The doctor also confirmed a positive pregnancy result. My husband thinks I am slightly weird because I am so in tune with my body. Once the egg was fertilized I could feel it moving through my fallopian tubes and attaching to my uterine wall. It was a very strange feeling as this is my first pregnancy. There was the slightest cramping.

LOL I thought someone was just joking around! This was serious...?
  • I thought I was gonna start my period, I was a hot mess of emotions and my boobs were so swollen and painful to touch
  • I had no idea.. To be honest, I was having hemi issues (from the delivery of my first). I was picking up suppositories and asked if they were safe to use if I could possible be pregnant. Answer was no, so I tested before I used them. Well! It was positive so I had to suck it up and deal with the pain lol.
  • It was the timing... I knew it was to early for implantation - which were more of minor cramps that you can barely feel. The cramps happened about 5 days after I had the initial feeling of something different going on inside me. It was the slightest feeling...like have you ever closed your eyes and had someone brush the hairs on your arm, but not touch your arm. It is just the slight feeling of movement...at a snails pace barely moving. It was something I have never felt before inside me... Just a different feeling.
  • Someone may have been joking, but I took it seriously when I began to notice the slightest differences in my body. I can't imagine a woman going through an entire pregnancy without knowing they are pregnant. There are so many changes that occur. They may be slight, but still there...
  • Pregnant with my first here. I had no idea I had a little nausea, but that is all. I wasn't even going to take a test till my fiance thought I was so horomonal she made me take 2 April 27th, both were BFP. I Hadn't even missed a period. Now that I know I am however my symptoms have practically quadrupiled! DD: January 3 2016
  • Daybird11SixDaybird11Six member
    edited May 2015

A week before my positive result I had taken a test. I knew that it was too early to have a positive result but I had a strong inkling that I was already pregnant. I was having nausea at night when my husband and I were active...as well as tender breasts. The test was negative but a week later I had a doctor appointment and took a test in the morning which ended up being positive. The doctor also confirmed a positive pregnancy result. My husband thinks I am slightly weird because I am so in tune with my body. Once the egg was fertilized I could feel it moving through my fallopian tubes and attaching to my uterine wall. It was a very strange feeling as this is my first pregnancy. There was the slightest cramping.

QFP

Holy hell. Serious? :-?

• 27alex27alex member

A week before my positive result I had taken a test. I knew that it was too early to have a positive result but I had a strong inkling that I was already pregnant. I was having nausea at night when my husband and I were active...as well as tender breasts. The test was negative but a week later I had a doctor appointment and took a test in the morning which ended up being positive. The doctor also confirmed a positive pregnancy result. My husband thinks I am slightly weird because I am so in tune with my body. Once the egg was fertilized I could feel it moving through my fallopian tubes and attaching to my uterine wall. It was a very strange feeling as this is my first pregnancy. There was the slightest cramping.

Reaction GIF: contemplating, what?, Jensen Ackles, Dean Winchester, Supernatural
    Yum, he can be my MCM. Love me some Dean.
  • Yes. I did with all of my pregnancies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a feeling that I was because things just felt different, but I actually held off from testing for a few days because I was so afraid of being let down with another BFN.