Trouble TTC

Newbie Intro

Hello everyone,

My DH and I have been TTC our first child for three years and are finally seeking treatment. I am 27 years old now, but I have been having irregular and missed cycles for as long as I can remember. My RE strongly suspects PCOS; I do display nearly all the symptoms, so he is probably correct. I will find out early next week since I just had all the necessary diagnostic blood work completed—OMG, how many tubes of blood do they need?! The guys have it so easy in comparison: "Hey, here's a cup. Go do your thing." Sorry to digress, but I needed that rant (though I guess I'd better get used to the poking and prodding). 

Anyway, we already have a male factor infertility diagnosis; my DH's sperm count and motility are fine, but he has severe morphology issues (less than 1% normal). Regardless of how my blood work comes out, it sounds like our RE is going to recommend Clomid and IUI with a sperm wash to start.

I know we probably have a long road ahead, but I am just relieved to finally have help and I have high hopes for the future. 

Re: Newbie Intro

• hi! I'm similar to you - a few years older (i just turned 30), but we are just starting treatment after 4 years of trying. We are in the unexplained infertility category, and just did our first iui.

Sidetrack and funny story, based on your rant: a close friend was talking about our infertility treatments, and the conversation went something like this:

Friend: what do you think about this whole process?
    dh: eh, well, I feel awkward about giving the speed sample, but the rest is alright.
    me: yea, you know why it's alright by him? It doesn't happen to him, it happens to me!

Well, I thought it was funny at least.

Anyway, welcome! :D

TTC since 2011

• @ starlitfoe just imagine if the guys had to go through the side effects of treatment!