August 2015 Moms
Options

Regular check up ending kinda bad

so today I'm 25 weeks and I had a regular doctors appointment and my doctor checks the baby's heart rate with the Doppler and someone's heart rate dropped and because it was hard to tell the difference of who's heartbeat was who's she had me go next door to the hospital to have my baby's heart rate monitored for about 3/4 hours just incause so I'm better off being safe than sorry which I'm glad I have a doctor like her and while I was at the hospital they gave me 2 doses of *cant remember the name* because she said I had irritable uterus and once I got it I was jittery which the nurse said was normal then when I left the hospital i started getting sweaty and kinda blacked out for a minute or two but was able to get myself out of it my baby been moving since then and even the whole time I was their even after I got the shot but now I'm super paranoid :-/ this will be my first child and I just don't want anything to happen to him . Anyone else ever have an experience like this ?

Sorry for the long rant..

Re: Regular check up ending kinda bad

• Options
    Sorry to hear you had such a stressful day! Did the Dr schedule a follow up sooner than your next appt? Glad to hear baby is doing okay and sounds like your Dr is all over it. Hopefully things will smooth out for you now!
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz no just the nurse at the hospital gave me like a copy of something I signed that has a list of things and if any of the following happen then return to the hospital, I think it's just in general though it's not on like a limit if something happened between the time I left and a few hours or so
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, terb shot calms down the uterus. It's actually as asthma shot originally but it helps that too. I've had a few experiences where they have issues getting the baby on the monitor and it sounds like since you were already on they saw you were having (probably small) contractions which is why you got the shot. Better safe than sorry if what L&D sees, is shot worthy. One of my babes was situated back by my spine with his feet over my cervix, so to get his heartbeat they would have to jam the sensor into the side of my belly. If something was really wrong, they would have done an ultrasound on the spot. since they didn't I'm guessing baby's strip looked good. Next time make sure you articulate all of these questions and concerns. It is your right as the patient to understand what's going on, what the next steps are, and anything else that pops in your head.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker