January 2014 Moms
Options

13 months and still not sleeping throught the night....OMG

Hi Moms! DD turned one jan 26th and around that time she started sleeping better. When i say better only waking up once anywhere from 12am to 3am and going back to sleep. I would offer a bottle but she was getting to the point of drinking a couple oz then pushing it away and falling back into a deep sleep. Ok so the past week she has been waking up shortly after laying her down going back to sleep easily then back up a hr or two later and staying up for 3 hrs before going back down!!! TORTURE :( i did notice a tooth that has popped up and she did have a little sniffle over the weekend. but nothing no major. We have had her cry it out but it seemed like she never stopped, that method just doesn't work for us. My husband and i both work full time and we take turns every other night waking up with her. Mostly venting here moms, so sleepy and feeling like she won't ever sleep all night. Anyone else still have a little one who's getting up still? Just need to know i'm not alone. .. ..

Re: 13 months and still not sleeping throught the night....OMG

• Options
    Same problem here! My baby was born on the 30th jan 2014. She has a hard time falling asleep, takes her about an hour. Sleeps for about 2 hours at first, then wakes up every hour .. We' re both exhausted, the pediatrician says she's like that, hard with sleeping but I tend to fear that this could be a health problem after so many months. Any advice ?
  • Options
    I feel the same way. I try to tell myself she won't always be this way and will be grown up and not need me all night long like she does right now. When you are living it though it's very hard. I guess time will tell. Our pediatrician told us to let her CIO. We can't do that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 13 month old twins who both still wake at least once each. They usually spend the second half of the night in our bed. They have never been good sleepers and have each only slept through the night one time. Pediatrician had been after me since 4 months to cio but I dont want to do that (DH and I disagree on this). Soooo tired.
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I was totally opposed to letting him cry it out. But, it was getting so cramped in our bed and he was waking up 4-5 times so I moved him to his crib and tried CIO. He cried for less than 5 min (which felt like 5 hours) and went to sleep. After 3-4 nights, he got his pacifier and just laid down when we would put him in the crib. He is now sleeping through the night and only crying if his pacifier falls out of the crib.
  • Options
    We are going through something similar. It seems no sooner does he start sleeping through the night (born Jan 29th) he gets teeth or gets sick and then it takes weeks or months before he starts sleeping again. We are going to try slowly phasing out the bottle before bed and then phase out the night time bottle and hopefullly that will help.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Honeybee2813Honeybee2813 member
    edited April 2015