June 2015 Moms
Options

Swollen feet

how can I get my swollen feet to go down ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    The only thing that has helped me is elevating them! Make sure you do a high elevation, they need to be above your heart.

Also I noticed my feet swell the most from sitting, which seems weird but true for me! I just try to either be standing or laying down as much as I can. Helps a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elevate! And strangely, get enough water! (And, it may not help the swelling to go down, but it'll feel darn good - tell DH to have pity on his poor lady's feet and give 'em a rub, won't he?)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same problem. This might sound weird but I had about 4-6 oz of red wine the other night, (first alcohol in 8 months) and I woke up in the morning with actual ankles again! It only lasted a couple days but it was nice to see my ankle bones again for the first time in months :)
  • Options
    Take a 15 minute bath where you are sure you are covered from shoulders down.
  • Options
    I had my doctor give me a prescription for compression hosiery. With my first pregnancy, I taught and was on my feet all day long. I was so swollen! My feet and ankles ached! The hosiery really helped. Now, with my second pregnancy, I wear my hosiery once or twice a week. But, I'm a SAHM now. No more 8 hours of teaching.

Wear really good sneakers, too. While Uggs (or slippers or flip flops) seem like the most comfy thing ever, you need support! Invest in a great pair of sneakers. They will come in handy after you deliver and need to get back on your feet. You have a newer pair of shoes to get your butt walking again! :)
  • Options
    I have only had one instance of swelling so far, the day we did maternity pictures and it was super hot. I soaked a hand towel in cold water and wrapped it around my feet while I elevated them. I also slept with my feet propped on pillows that night and the next morning the swelling was gone. As PPs said, also make sure you're drinking plenty of water!
  • Options
    Mine have been swelling for the past week too :(
    The only thing that helps me so far is to elevate them
  • Options
    My feet are giant!!! I have to take Epsom salt baths.
  • Options
    You can also buy compression socks at the drugstore if you can't/don't want to get a prescription.
  • Options
    I stand for 9-10hour days so I totally am with you. I hurt so bad in my feet and ankles by the end of the day. The thing that seems to help is coming home to a hot bath and having husband rub all the fluid back towards my heart. Hurts at first but always feels better afterward.