Baby Names
Options

Help naming boy with two sisters

After two girls you'd think naming a boy would be so simple. For years Henry has been our boy name and it's still a maybe. However now that we're actually having a boy and I've said the name aloud with our last name, I'm exploring other options. Last name ends with a Y. Too many "y"'s? The only other name DH and I can agree on is Jack. Love Jack and it sounds awesome with our last name (3 syllables) and the most likely Japanese middle name (also 3 syllables) but I'm worried about the popularity of all of the variations, Jackson, Jaxon, Jax, Jaxsen, the list goes on.

Other names I like are William, George and Jude. Unfortunately DH has a good friend named "Jorge" so George is out. DH has vetoed William because he's convinced he'll get called Bill. And Jude is just too matchy with DD2, Juliette. Also love Charlie but that one's gone to the girls.

I like classic/traditional names for a boy, one or two syllables. Not really into nicknames so Andrew (which I also love) is out.

DD1 is Gabriella and DD2 is Juliette.

Please help with any suggestions!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help naming boy with two sisters

• Options
    Charles has not gone to the girls.

Anyway, classic boys name last that don't lend themselves to nicknames of the top of my head.

Alistair
    Ambrose
    Addison
    Basil
    Bernard
    Conrad
    Colin
    Casper
    Cedric
    Cecil
    Claude
    Clyde
    Damien
    Desmond
    Eugene
    Eric
    Francis
    Gary
    Gerald
    Horace
    Ian
    Ira
    James
    Julian
    Lucian
    Lyle
    Laurence
    Marshall
    Maurice
    Neville
    Oscar
    Oliver
    Peter
    Patrick
    Roger
    Roland
    Russell
    Victor
    Vincent
    Wilbur
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I actually really like Jack, it's a great classic, strong name...unlike Jackson and the many variations that are super trendy

Some ideas

Nathan
    Dominic
    Oliver
    Colin
    Micah
    Holden
    Ezra
    Ethan
    Malcolm
    Marcus
    Thomas
    Evan
    Benjamin
    Graham
    Luca
    Noah
    Alec
    Patrick
    Seth
    Abram
    Dean
    Isaac
    Rhys
    Joshua
    Simon
    Tristan
    Carson
    Cole
    Miles
    Jonah
    Roman/Rowan
    Finn
    Edwin
    Dawson
    Louis
    Leo

Is one of my favourites personally are Oliver, Finn, Simon, Seth, Alec, Ezra, Malcolm
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have a Jack (just Jack, none of this Jaxson nonsense) and the other names we considered were Benjamin and Lucas.
    And because I feel like I have to say it every time someone asks if Jack is short for something:
  • Options
    I agree with the Jack point. Between it and all it's variations it's everywhere. Totally disagree with Charlie (which is a NN by the way and you said you didn't like that). I would go with Charles and NN Charlie. I think vetoing William and Andrew for the NN reason is silly. Your girls names could easily lead to Gabby or Julie/Jules. Is that an issue you have now? You don't have to use NNs. I know plenty of people with kids who only go by full names and it's a non-issue.