August 2015 Moms
Options

Neutral Nursery Opinions

Hey ladies,

I was wondering if you all could give me some opinions on my nuetral nursery. I am worried it is starting to look a little girly (especially the curtains) any feedback good or bad will be appreciated. Please be constructive. Thank you!

Re: Neutral Nursery Opinions

• Options
    Do you know if you are having a boy or girl yet? TBH, the nursery is more for you than the baby at first. Once you get baby clothes and toys in there it will look more lived-in.

Our nursery is pretty similar with a forest theme... I used light blue on the walls, dark wood crib, willow branches decals on the wall, black and white tree curtains (Ikea), and a colorful leafy print on the chair slipcover. Kept all of the big items neutral so it would work through multiple kids. Now that my daughter is almost 2 there are dresses hanging on hooks by the closet and pink blankets in the crib. And her favorite characters have been added to the walls around the crib and changing station (Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, the Ninja Turtles...)

So basically I think you should keep it like a blank slate like this until the baby and baby stuff moves in. You can always change the curtains out later if you have a boy.
  • Options
    No we are going to be surprised.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's pretty neutral! Maybe swap out the curtains? That print makes me think feminine instead of neutral, lol. (Just personal opinion though).
    Can't wait for you to be surprised on the gender!
  • Options
    I agree that it is neutral with the exception of the curtains, they look girly to me. That being said, why don't you just keep them (in case it is a girl) and then if it is a boy you can get different curtains. Once you know the sex, you can add little accent pieces if you choose to make it less gender neutral. But all in all, I think it is adorable!
  • Options
    It's absolutely stunning! I think its great! I mean, sure the curtains are slightly on the feminine side, maybe a yellow curtain or something would fix that. But honestly, its super adorable and as long as your happy with it, keep it! The great thing about babies is they cant tell us their opinion just yet! lol! And like @Miz_Liz said, the little accent pieces could make it feel a little more boyish definitely.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    I agree with others, this looks pretty gender neutral so I think you are good. You could definitely change out the curtains if you feel it's too feminine. I love the look you have going!
  • Options
    Really like what you have done so far. The demask is a bit girly but not in a "only a girl could like this" way.

Why not try something different on the windows and see how you feel.
  • Options
    I like it the way it is. It looks pretty neutral to me.
  • Options
    I think it is very neutral. I like the curtains the way they are for either a boy or girl. You will add some more boyish or girlish things after you bring baby home anyway. I noticed you don't have bedding on yet and I'm having a hard time finding what I want. Did you find any?
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • Options
    I think your nursery is really adorable. I agree with the comments about the curtains leaning slightly more towards feminine, but if you had said it was being designed specifically for a boy, I wouldn't have batted an eye. If you love it... go with it. If it's a boy and you want to change it, I like the idea of yellow accented curtains. 
  • Options
    Super super cute! I wish this was my sons nursery (: we went neutral as well. Just an olive green and beige, nothing fancy
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll probably get some non patterned curtains if it's a boy! J&D2007 I do have a sheet on the mattress, but the skirt I want has been backordered at target for weeks :( it's white with a grey stripe.
  • Options
    I like it as is. I don't think notability girly. It could go either way so I think you accomplished your goal. Looks great!
  • Options
    WDDCHWDDCH member
    No it's but overtly girly at all. I put similar curtains in my last nursery (surprise baby; it's a boy). Now if the curtains had princesses and butterflies on them it'd be a lot more specific.

It looks great as-is!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is so cute and definitely neutral! I think it's perfect!! Plus, it's great if it's a boy, but if it's a girl you could always add more feminine touches after birth!!