June 2015 Moms

Tuesday Twin Check In

Week/Fruits:

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc):

Symptoms:

Appointment AW:

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns:

GTKY: What will your first post-pregnancy indulgence be?

Re: Tuesday Twin Check In

• Week/Fruits: 31 - pineapple

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): Fraternal (team green)

Symptoms: Heartburn, woke up with a really bad headache & nausea that I haven't been able to shake yet

Appointment AW: Going in later if Tylenol doesn't work on this headache, otherwise nothing until next week

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Do varicose veins go away after pregnancy?

GTKY: My first post-pregnancy indulgence will be a glass of wine as big as my head and the biggest, juiciest steak I can find lol
  • Week/Fruits: 34-butternut squash

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): fraternal girls

Symptoms: Braxton hicks, tons of pelvic pressure, extremely exausted!

Appointment AW: This Thursay I have a growth us and then an appt wit my doctor. Hoping the girls stay in that long!

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Been having increased contractions, just want these babes to stay in a little longer.

GTKY: My first post-pregnancy indulgences: turkey tom and a beer!
  • Loading the player...
  • @vflor87 I asked my doctor about varicose veins at my last appt. She said some will fade but usually get worse with each pregnancy. Since being on light duty at work I have noticed that mine have significantly decreased and went away. Hope that it is the same for you, I don't like them!
  • Week/Fruits: 34- butternut squash

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): Fraternal boy/girl

Symptoms: pressure on my bladder and very tired

Appointment AW: Apt tomorrow- hoping to book my C section and doctor is going to scope out my Vag- can't wait ;)

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: well I made it to 34 weeks without any stretch marks- today I noticed a sneaky little bastard creeping up my tummy. Had a growth scan last week and happy that baby a is 5lbs and baby b is 4lbs 4 oz (approx)

I have a very expensive shoe collection and I am praying that my feet will go back to my usual size 6, instead of being puffy trotters like they are now.

GTKY: My first post-pregnancy indulgence will be a joint in someone's hot tub, because I don't have a hot tub ( I don't drink alcohol at all) and some smoked salmon- probably not together anddddd some diet coke. I do have the occasional regular coke now but I love that aspartame taste so much, I'm such a rebel Xox

• @Emilywooddesign I think I seen my first stretch mark too! It's not too dark so I'm hoping it will fade!
  • @Emilywooddesign I think I seen my first stretch mark too! It's not too dark so I'm hoping it will fade!

mine is really light too, but it kind of looks like lightning! Damnit, we almost made it. I guess it was silly of me to think I was going to make it out of a twin pregnancy stretch mark free.

• Week/Fruits: 34/ Butternut Squash

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): Fraternal/ Boy/Girl

Symptoms: Big heads in my rib cage, Tingling in my hands and just plain exhaustion. Still not getting a whole lot of sleep due to heartburn and discomfort.

Appointment AW: We have a doc appt and ultrasound on Thurs. Probably will schedule C-section date.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Are any of you ladies still working? My last day is May 8th, I'm a hairdresser and just can't be on my feet much longer.

GTKY: What will your first post-pregnancy indulgence be? Wine and sushi, yum!
  • Hi Ladies, I haven't posted here before, my original due date was July and I was posting there until everyone jumped ship. After that I pretty much left the forums, but as my anxiety builds I find myself lurking the June/July boards to see how other moms are fairing. My Dr told me early on that I would not be able to go longer then 38weeks, giving me a June 23rd due date. Hope you don't mind the late to the party intro.

Week/Fruits: 30 weeks; cucumbers

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): Fraternal boy/girl

Symptoms: heartburn, pelvic pressure, overall tightness, braxton hicks, headaches, lack of appetite, exhaustion after more then 5 hours of activity.

Appointment AW:  I have my next appointment and sonogram this Thursday. My Dr told me at 20 weeks I would need to stop working at 32 weeks, my resignation is in and I'm hoping they don't cut me off sooner.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: I wish I didn't get so uncomfortable at night, no matter what position I'm in I feel like the babies are constantly pushing to opposite sides.

GTKY: What will your first post-pregnancy indulgence be? I can't wait for an ice cold beer!
  • jesscmvjesscmv member
    edited April 2015

@Emilywooddesign I think I seen my first stretch mark too! It's not too dark so I'm hoping it will fade!

mine is really light too, but it kind of looks like lightning! Damnit, we almost made it. I guess it was silly of me to think I was going to make it out of a twin pregnancy stretch mark free.

I blame my MIL. Every time someone would talk about my belly she would say you are gonna get so many stretch marks you just wait. This was when I was like 30 weeks already. Pissed me off every single time!
  • @hailee8706 my last day was suppose to be Thursay but I went home early today. I just couldn't take it any longer! I was on my feet all day (I work at an animal shelter) but then last week was moved into the front office where I sat all day. They were equally terrible. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for time off if you can manage it.
  • Welcome @munchkinsmama! Better late than never :) I agree with you on sleeping, between switching sides every hour and getting up to pee no wonder we are exausted!
  • @munchkinsmama welcome! My due date based on LMP is 6/30 so I'm close to where you're at. I sit in on the May board to see how those twin mamas are doing, too lol
  • Week/Fruits: 33 durians

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): fraternal girls

Symptoms: super exhausted all the time, pelvic pain and pressure, charlie horses in my legs and bad back pain

Appointment AW: Nothing until next week, hoping to schedule my c-section

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: I am still working 40 hours a week, on my feet all day long. I'm getting exhausted, but don't want to start my leave this early. I only get 10 weeks, and I don't want to waste it all now. And of course, sleeping is horrible. Waking up every 2 hours to use the bathroom and switch sides. I just say it's preparing me for their arrival.

GTKY: What will your first post-pregnancy indulgence be? A big juicy steak! I can't wait!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @DolphinLover2002 you're so tough! I'm glad you're still able to work and not having any preterm labor problems! You're lucky.
  • @dolphinlover1319 you are such a trooper! Hope you get some rest and comfort soon. Def sounds like you deserve it
  • Thanks @jjvanwagner25 and @vflor87. The plan is for me to work right up until I deliver. I really don't want to, because it's harder and harder every day, but I feel I have to. Like I said, I don't want to waste my leave now. My job isn't very nice about time off. Just 5 weeks left. My doctor won't let me go past 38 weeks. :) We're all so close to the end.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• vflor87vflor87 member
    Does anyone feel like they were disappointed by a product that was supposed to prevent stretch marks? (Like Bio Oil, cocoa butter, etc)
  • vflor87 said:

Does anyone feel like they were disappointed by a product that was supposed to prevent stretch marks? (Like Bio Oil, cocoa butter, etc)

I was feeling so good about myself last week. No stretch marks at all. I found one this week and since I found one- more have been appearing, they are light but I need some support :( hahaha

• Week/Fruits: 32 but 33 tomorrow!

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): Fraternal

Symptoms: actually not too much, just that darn vag discharge yuck!

Appointment AW: had an appt onWednesday Baby A- 4lbs 2oz B- 4lbs 15oz.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Just concerned because Baby A is so low I hope he hangs in there a little longer! Complaint- I'm on bedrest so I look forward to visitors, my friend for the 4th time made plans and once again never showed up called/texted. So rude!

Probably a sub!! I miss my deli meat!!
  • jesscmvjesscmv member
    vflor87 said:

Damn cocoa butter....I knew it didn't prevent them but literally the farthest part of my belly feels like it's going to break open. I really don't think I can stretch anymore. It's to the point where it is painful!
  • jesscmvjesscmv member

Week/Fruits: 32 but 33 tomorrow!

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc): Fraternal

Symptoms: actually not too much, just that darn vag discharge yuck!

Appointment AW: had an appt onWednesday Baby A- 4lbs 2oz B- 4lbs 15oz.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Just concerned because Baby A is so low I hope he hangs in there a little longer! Complaint- I'm on bedrest so I look forward to visitors, my friend for the 4th time made plans and once again never showed up called/texted. So rude!

Probably a sub!! I miss my deli meat!!

That was the weights of my babes on Thursay! My doctor didn't seem too concerned :)
  • vflor87vflor87 member
    @jjvanwagner25 I've been using a composition oil by Aveda so no stretch marks YET but I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it feels like my skin is just breaking lol I had an accident with boiling water during my 2nd trimester - it splattered right across my belly button and I got a pretty bad 2nd degree burn from it. It's so discolored and stretched out now. I won't be surprised if my skin doesn't have the elasticity it used to in that area, but I still want to do everything I can to minimize the damage, you know?