December 2015 Moms
Options

Let's talk about sex

Rant alert: I have not been feeling like having sex at all the last few weeks. My hubby has been out of town and just got back Saturday. I had no desire to welcome him home like I usually do. Poor guy understands but I know he misses it. Then last night I finally had a break in the nausea and we did it. The whole time I kept slapping him away from my aching breasts! Then at the end I reached climax and it gAve me horrible cramps! This sucks. Am I alone here? Any sex tips?

Re: Let's talk about sex

• Options
    I'm jealous of anyone who can do it right now.  I'm on pelvic rest... WAHHHH.  But a little cramping is normal after sex during pregnancy.

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Options
    I have been wanting it more but once we are doing it... it sort of hurts (like cramping) and he is always wanting to play with my nipples! I swear it is not very enjoyable right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

the one time we did it since finding out I was super crampy.

I also have ZERO sex drive, and its really startng to make me feel like a crappy wife. :( DH deserves more. He's not pushing at all but I am just not in the program!

• Options
    Haha @desidee77 my husband says the same thing! I don't get cramps so much but my vag hurts (sorry TMI)
  • Options
    Ugh, I have ZERO sex drive too. DH and I are usually pretty active in that department and he knew that my drive would probably go down a bit while I'm not feeling great but I don't think he expected it to be zero :( 

He instigated sex the other day and I went with it but I totally wasn't feeling it. I was feeling really weird that day anyway so sex just felt wrong. And my boobs are sore right now too which definitely made it more awkward.

I also orgasmed and the cramps, like OP said, were terrible! It really doesn't make me want to do it again. Ugh, I feel bad for DH. He's so patient and I'm such a terrible wife right now!
  • Options
    @powellgirl yeah DH was like "don't I get a Congratulatory BJ for shooting one past the goalie?" Lol. Silly boys
  • Options
    neanerbeaner4neanerbeaner4 member
    edited April 2015
    I'm right there with you. Zero sex drive. And to top it off, when we do try to "do it" it's like the progesterone I am taking has turned my nether regions into a desert. It stinks. (It doesn't smell, stinks that it's like I am unable to become "ready.") Poor husband isn't complaining but I know he's missing it. Hopefully it'll change once the placenta starts making its own and I can stop taking it.
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Options
    My boyfriend seriously can't go a day without getting off... So no choice here... But my sex drive has been high! And I'm afraid to do it often plus I make him be easy... Never cramp afterwards thankfully... One time I had a speck of blood the next day so I panicked of course and didn't do it for a good week.... But everything is fine. My breasts and nipples are super sore too! So I make him be gentle lol I'm sure he's getting tired of it... But what can ya do? At least he's getting it even if it isn't as often...
  • Options
    We had sex for the first time 2 days ago since I found out I was pregnant (it had been a couple of weeks). I had been spotting and cramping and wasn't into it at all. He tried to come on to me but I told him I was nauseous. An hour later I said DH get in here and lets do it before I get nauseous again! Not very sexy, but once we got into it, I had no regrets :). My boobs are also sore, but during the deed I didn't notice. Afterward he just brushed them with his arm and OH the PAIN! Weirdo hormones..
  • Options
    Between the SUPER sore breasts and the exhaustion, sex isn't exactly happening THAT often bc it's just plain uncomfortable... but I want to do it just as much as DH! The BJ requests have definitely been frequent (@desidee77 that goalie comment is hilarious and something my DH would say) but I'm definitely afraid I'd vomit, lol!
  • Options
    all i want to do is have sex. but i'm a scaredy cat! ever since that weird tissue on my cervix and them telling me more, i just want to make sure that the rest of it hasn't "grown" or gotten worse. so i'll just have to wait it out. we have an early US on friday and my OB said he may take a look at it then, otherwise i will have to wait until 5/13 to get the mystery tissue (that we now know what it is, just more fun to call it that) checked out.

DH said that sex during the first trimester isn't safe. i told him that i believe he's been misinformed. to which he told me "well, i read things, too!"
  • Options
    It's nice to hear that the cramps are normal! The first time we tried after we found out I was pregnant, i could feel the pressure on my uterus (TMI) it was really weird and uncomfortable!
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone! I feel like such a bad wife and I told him that and he's so supportive and understands but still...sigh.
  • Options
    So I was FINALLY feeling randy Saturday night and totally ravaged DH. Now I've been spotting - for 3 days! It's not much and it's brown, so all should be well, but jeez. A girl just wants to have fun once in awhile....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Embuzz247 said:

I wouldn't mind the BJ requests if he didn't take so damn long. I don't need my jaw hurting on top of the cramps and exhaustion!  ;)

Lmao! Same here! We are too nervous to have sex just yet. So the other day I told him I'd give him a bj to hold him over. Afterwards he awkwardly said, "thank you" and I thought it was the weirdest thing and laughed. Hopefully we get our sex groove back soon.
    Oooh, the awkward thank you :/ Been there, done that. Definitely weird. I'll keep my fingers crossed the sex groove comes back soon!
  • Options
    I haven't wanted it because I had a previous miscarriage last year and the thought of it scares me. I'm thankful. My fiancé is a bit older and he could care less. If I wanted it he'd give it up but he does not even bring it up. I don't get pestered about BJ's either lol frankly that would turn me off. I'm glad he's not a sex freak and he's understanding with the pregnancy. He's more concerned about baby than sex.
  • Options
    @kyleneum13 I second that
  • Options
    For me, i have noticed that my sex drive is high some nights and others i dont care. But sex is very different now. It dosent hurt like painful hurt, its just uncomfortable. My fiances favorite is when i am on my belly, and that is very uncomfortable for me. Also, i get slight cramps afterwards as well... Not bad though.
  • Options
    I had severe interstitial cystitis for a long time and we didn't have sex much at all when we were first married. So my hubby was used to it a couple years ago. But I've actually had a sex drive on and off. And it's weird because one day I'll be super sensitive down there and it feels great, no cramps. Then the next day I just get cramps and sore and don't enjoy it. Hormones just everywhere I guess lol.
  • Options
    vmatt850 said:

all i want to do is have sex. but i'm a scaredy cat! ever since that weird tissue on my cervix and them telling me more, i just want to make sure that the rest of it hasn't "grown" or gotten worse. so i'll just have to wait it out. we have an early US on friday and my OB said he may take a look at it then, otherwise i will have to wait until 5/13 to get the mystery tissue (that we now know what it is, just more fun to call it that) checked out.

DH said that sex during the first trimester isn't safe. i told him that i believe he's been misinformed. to which he told me "well, i read things, too!"

Please send this article to me DH! He read somewhere that sex during pregnancy is really good for the woman and reminds me of it everyday. So I remind him that he could end up with vomit all over him if we tried right now. Lol. The first few weeks weren't too bad and I forced myself no matter how I was feeling but now that ms has hit, even the thought makes me feel sick. Poor DH but then again he's not going through all that is ladies are going through so he can wait a few weeks. Ha. I'm horrible. Lol
  • Options
    It has only happened a few times since finding out because of my nausea but when it has I cramp. I was worried about that and am glad that it's common. My bf thinks that we should be having sex as much as possible as I'm already pregnant so "what's the worry" but I am just not feeling it.
  • Options
    I'm jealous of you guys. I'm on pelvic rest for over a week now. Had an appointment yesterday and he kept me on it for two more weeks! :( I feel bad for DH. We were always very active before this.

imageimage 

• Options
    Marchmellow2Marchmellow2 member
    edited April 2015
    Sex sex sex sex! I just want sex and more sex and orgasms all day! Obvi my sex drive is high. Sex is great as long as I get off every single time. If I don't, and DH finishes before he should then I lose it and get extremely ragey.

ETA: btw sex more than once is nearly impossible now that we have a baby but a girl can dream right..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BabySozaBabySoza member
    edited April 2015
    @desidee77 Ahhh this is the one you mentioned. Awesome thanks
  • Options
    I think my sex drive is higher than it ever has been (normally it's extremely high already, like daily.) It's actually distracting. We literally did not get out of the bed The entire weekend. It wasn't all sex since I'm also exhausted and spent plenty of time sleeping. I was trying to convince my husband before he left this morning that we need to have sex but he was telling me that he needs to work so that he can make love to me later. My retort was that "I never said that you had to have a job in order for us to have sex." So then he said, "but we need insurance since you're pregnant!"

Point, DH.
  • Options
    chiboo9 said:

Good news - sex drive comes back with full force in 2nd tri!  Just keep trucking and rememeber that it will get better down the road!

For some reason, I read this as sucking, and I was all

Haha! I can totally see that! Probably should have used a different word!

Married - 10/10/2009

DS - Due 11/3/2012 born 9/28/2012 due to Severe Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome

DD - EDD 12/30/15

"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</

• Options
    My sex drive seems to have increased too. If I'm not already in the mood, I can easily get into it. Is this common?
  • Options
    313Meg313Meg member
    I forced myself to have sex the other day. Not that I didn't want to.... But I didn't want to. I'm just never in the mood. But I wanted to for dh. And it ended up being better sex than we have had in a while. :) so I'm happy I did it.
    2nd tri I wanted to have sex all the time. H tells me how he can't wait for that again. I have a low sex drive in the first place, so that was fun.
  • Options
    I'm all about sex! Then I get in bed and pass out before anything actually happens.
  • Options
    Its only happened a few times in the almost month since we found out....at this point I dont want my stomach much less anything else touched with this crazy nausea. Poor guy....we're usually an every day kinda couple. I cant think about ANYTHING but wanting to barf.