June 2015 Moms

Postpartum Girdles ?

I've read a ton about how amazing postpartum girdles are. Any experience or ideas on using one while giving yourself heparin/Lovenox shots? I have a blood clotting disorder and know from last baby that I'll have to do shots 6weeks pp. You're not supposed to rub the injection site (stomach) or it will cause bleeding or sores on the skin. Help!

Re: Postpartum Girdles ?

• I would ask your doctor if you could use an abdominal binder. The hospital can give you one. I know we use them in post op surgical patients who are on lovenox. I've heard they work as well as the expensive girdles.
  • edited April 2015

I would ask your doctor if you could use an abdominal binder. The hospital can give you one. I know we use them in post op surgical patients who are on lovenox. I've heard they work as well as the expensive girdles.

I had a c-section with ds. They gave me the abdominal binder to take home. It worked really well. It helped keep everything together as I healed. I'm sure I'll get one this time around too.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yup. I do the shots twice a day. I was given a band at the hospital after my csection with DD. It was about 8 inches wide and looked like an ace bandage. Worked great to keep my incision in place and pain free. I has no issues wearing it while giving myself injections post partum.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015